Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooneys best position now is centre mid, so I don’t know why he’s getting played at #10, he needs the game in front of him. Gylfi is best at #10. Stick Wayne next to Gana, two pacey wingers either side of Gylfi and the Turkish guy up front.

That would be enough to beat every team bar the top 6. Replace Rooney with McCarthy/Morgan for harder games.

I think Sam persists with him wide left due to the Cuco situation. Gylfi is diligent defensively and works for the team. A left back in need of less protection may seem him used centrally with a winger out wide more frequently
Remember at school when the class spanner would get put at left back and not really do any damage? That tactic not working out for Everton.

Surprising the impact a weak player on the flanks has on the entire side ( and vice versa, how a beast of a full back can have huge influence).

Remember at school when the class spanner would get put at left back and not really do any damage? That tactic not working out for Everton.

Surprising the impact a weak player on the flanks has on the entire side ( and vice versa, how a beast of a full back can have huge influence).

Ha, I now have an image of a forlorn Cuco sadly waiting to be picked last for practice games in training...

Still, we can blame the senior management team and board for this situation.

Still rankles do is it mate?lollol

Only joking, I was our school left back.

:blush::blush:

Rooneys best position now is centre mid, so I don’t know why he’s getting played at #10, he needs the game in front of him. Gylfi is best at #10. Stick Wayne next to Gana, two pacey wingers either side of Gylfi and the Turkish guy up front.

That would be enough to beat every team bar the top 6. Replace Rooney with McCarthy/Morgan for harder games.

Non of that lad. That's too logical.

It's not like Rooney ran the show from midfield against West Ham is it.

Me too. Or left winger. Either way just involved running up and down and waving at people.

lollol. I know what you mean. Same here.

I moved to centre half as I was a bit of a yard dog but I could win headers, tackle and web it and that was important for our teacher, he was no Wiel Coerver.

I’d say I wasn’t in the mould of a John Stones, more like Willie Young without the ginger hair.

I think Sam persists with him wide left due to the Cuco situation. Gylfi is diligent defensively and works for the team. A left back in need of less protection may seem him used centrally with a winger out wide more frequently
The continued presence of Martina in the team is not only affecting us defensively, but also offensively by asking our ‘playmaker’ to constantly help him out. A new left back can’t arrive quickly enough.

We haven’t been noticeably worse with Martina as we were with Baines. Gylfi also was played on the left when Baines was fit.
Man Utd’s 2 goals came from our right flank..

But if people think we will suddenly be a great team with Cuco out of the team, then crack on.

I’m not saying he’s good enough, but suggestions that we are rubbish going forward are entirely down to him are just nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back