Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying he should be deployed on the right if anywhere.
His magic crossing wasn't in evidence yesterday.

He can run longer distances than anyone else in the side stats wise...

Isnt a playmaker and isn't a winger...he's also not Beckham as on the left would be the same as the right (he's 2 footed)...

Id play him box to box...think he'd do well there individually, snag is we have no other players over 21 who would get in a top 6 side.

Found this on reddit:
Comparison of his contribution from playing in the left wing with playing centrally, albeit a few selective matches.

The first point to take from that is that Sig is skillfull but also a thoughtful player....the second point is clearly our current team are woefully short on skill, We must have built them up so much we didnt see the crap from the forest ?!? Sommert like that anyways. I dont think (other than Klassen) we cant even pass a ball..let alone one touch passing.
I can only presume the team also think they are better than they are and am summising that they are playing angry birds when its pass and move training.

I keep saying he should be deployed on the right if anywhere.
His magic crossing wasn't in evidence yesterday.

Like your thinking mate, but how about we stop with the square pegs in round holes and play our best players in their best positions.

He's clearly the best number 10 we have at the Club, so why not play him there? Burning my head out that we're lashing our record signing everywhere but his best position.

It’s nothing short of a disgrace that this lad is not being utilised as a second striker or No. 10 playing more centrally.

I can’t think of many, if any, teams that would invest £45million on a player bought to do a specific job & then shove him out of position.

Incompetence & mismanagement from Allardyce & Koeman before him.

This situation & the Martina experiment should be enough to have any intelligent person wondering wtf is Allardyce & the Board playing at.

These problems would be addressed in Sunday League immediately, yet in a multi-billion pound business, left to fester by persons clearly not up to the job.

Shambles of a Club at the moment. Heart breaking.

It’s nothing short of a disgrace that this lad is not being utilised as a second striker or No. 10 playing more centrally.

I can’t think of many, if any, teams that would invest £45million on a player bought to do a specific job & then shove him out of position.

Incompetence & mismanagement from Allardyce & Koeman before him.

This situation & the Martina experiment should be enough to have any intelligent person wondering wtf is Allardyce & the Board playing at.

These problems would be addressed in Sunday League immediately, yet in a multi-billion pound business, left to fester by persons clearly not up to the job.

Shambles of a Club at the moment. Heart breaking.
100% this.

It's like signing Salah and playing him as a defensive midfielder.

Sigurdsson is a number 10, not a left winger who is expected to act as a second left back due to us having an absolute liability playing directly behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back