Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it siggy has been awful yet excuses are made for him such as not playing in correct position the wrong players in the team etc,klassen has been not as bad in my opinion yet he gets a dogs life.

No mate Klassen is struggling noticeably much more but you're kinda right, think we should give him a bit more slack given he's only just moved from the Dutch league. Sigurdsson is proven quality and it's clear that him, Rooney and Klassen just aren't working so Koeman has to be big and drop at least one of them.

No mate Klassen is struggling noticeably much more but you're kinda right, think we should give him a bit more slack given he's only just moved from the Dutch league. Sigurdsson is proven quality and it's clear that him, Rooney and Klassen just aren't working so Koeman has to be big and drop at least one of them.
Honestly can't say Klaasen has been that horrible, just we don't set up to any of his strengths, but not gonna repeat what everyone has said about him.

Not for me mate siggy hasnt done much apart from his goal,his free kicks which everyone raved apart are poor and he has had been in the main ordinary.

Once koeman gets the balance right and certain players are played in they're usual position we will see a difference. I think he needs to play DCL with niasse up front with either Davies or Sigs behind them.

Can't blame Sigurdsson when clearly none of the attacking players have a clue what their supposed to be doing in this horribly narrow 3 consisting of all the same player.

"But those statistics only told part of the story. A deeper look at the data revealed that only 25 of the 80 chances he created came from open play. For context, four Everton players eclipsed that number. Defensive midfielders Gareth Barry and Idrissa Gueye matched it."

The midfield is just unbalanced. Klaasen looks as though he'd flourish in a three able to make late runs into the box like Lampard used to. Instead he finds himself at number 10 being asked to spark stuff off. Siggurdson would probably love to be where Klaasen is, allowed to create with wingers and a fast striker ahead of him. Instead he's stuck on the left wing with one man upfront to hit who happens to be a slow short Rooney. Sandro would like to be upfront in a two, so too probably would Rooney, but Sandro is on the right wing instead.

Basically there should just be a rule at Everton that no manager is allowed to play 4231 ever.

"But those statistics only told part of the story. A deeper look at the data revealed that only 25 of the 80 chances he created came from open play. For context, four Everton players eclipsed that number. Defensive midfielders Gareth Barry and Idrissa Gueye matched it."

Gylfi will create chances in a system played to his strengths.

Atm Koeman is trying to shoenhorn bith Gylfi and Rooney into a three with Klaassen, and that is meaning both are playing wide.

The best solution for us seems simple - a diamond.

Gueye - Schneiderlin - Davies

------------Gylfi---------------

DCL -------------- Rooney

Rooney, if played, has to be central, and up top. Let him drop and get involved, let Gylfi be the playmaker and DCL can stretch the game up top.

Schneiderlin holds, with Gueye and Davies there to do the leg work as well.

Width comes from the full-backs, who would have the support to get up the pitch considering the midfield is packed full of energy.

Gylfi will create chances in a system played to his strengths.

Atm Koeman is trying to shoenhorn bith Gylfi and Rooney into a three with Klaassen, and that is meaning both are playing wide.

The best solution for us seems simple - a diamond.

Gueye - Schneiderlin - Davies

------------Gylfi---------------

DCL -------------- Rooney

Rooney, if played, has to be central, and up top. Let him drop and get involved, let Gylfi be the playmaker and DCL can stretch the game up top.

Schneiderlin holds, with Gueye and Davies there to do the leg work as well.

Width comes from the full-backs, who would have the support to get up the pitch considering the midfield is packed full of energy.

I honestly don't think he's all that as a playmaker or at least this "missing piece" people seem to think he is.

Additionally I don't think Koeman bought him specifically to play there.

I honestly don't think he's all that as a playmaker or at least this "missing piece" people seem to think he is.

Additionally I don't think Koeman bought him specifically to play there.

Maybe not but he's definitely more effective in the centre, as he tends to pop up in good goalscoring positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back