Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest club in for Sigurdsson was us.

The smallest club in for Barkley are Spurs.

That's the level of difference between the two in terms of talent. Sigurdsson is certainly in a different league to Barkley - a lesser one. A good player, but not even comparable to Ross.
lollollol

Can't believe people are slating Gylfi considering he didn't play a single match all summer.

In terms of fitness the lad is many months behind the rest of them.

Of course he's going to be poor.

Just because his fitness levels may not be up to scratch yet, you would still expect to see something from him instead of him being cack 99% of the time.

..I think I saw glimpses why in the last 20 minutes of yesterday's game when he played alongside DCL rather than on the left wing. All of a sudden things started to go through him, sublime touch for the Vlasic goal then he set Kenny up with a chance.
This. He's settling in. That's what was encouraging about last night. You can see with the right players around him, how he can be the creative force we paid for. Mix in a couple free kicks and we are dangerous, but the spaces is still horrible and the movement in front of him dreadful.

Just don't think the issue is him.

..I think I saw glimpses why in the last 20 minutes of yesterday's game when he played alongside DCL rather than on the left wing. All of a sudden things started to go through him, sublime touch for the Vlasic goal then he set Kenny up with a chance.

Nice little touch from him for the Vlasic goal, but just not seeing enough from him. Even his set pieces have been poor.

Nice little touch from him for the Vlasic goal, but just not seeing enough from him. Even his set pieces have been poor.

..I doubt you will whilst he's playing with the White of the touch line on his boots. I don't think Vlasic is at his best out there either but he's more adaptable than Sigurdsson. Both look better suited to playing centrally.

Not slating the lad, but it;s a complete and utter waste of 45m. This is purely conjecture on my part but Rooney didn't agree to come back to Everton out of the goodness of his heart, he did it because he was guaranteed to start every game he is fit. His position is Gylfi's position. Their positions are Klassen's position.

How, on earth, did anyone not just raise their hand this summer and say '....you SUUUURE you want ANOTHER #10? Do you have an idea of how you want to play them?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back