Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know that the term Cockney, only applies to a very small area of East London, don’t you ?

And, that there are variances of the accent, depending on whether you live North, South, East and West of the River ?
If you live East of the river you’re accent will sound “Glug Glug Glug” because you’d be swimming about off Southend pier.
West of the river would be in Gloucestershire so something like a Wurzrel who has had elocution lessons.
North of the river are all unspeakable anyway.
That leaves South of the river; God’s own country. From Lambeth and Vauxhall to Tooting and Croydon, language is mangled most graciously.
“Gitcha pie’n’eeeels!”

This is us all over. Haven’t seen much, but already prepared to give a negative view. ?
True, but a lad I work with who supports Tottenham said their fans would be made up if he left. That isn’t a ringing endorsement from people who watch him week in and week out. ?

This is happening isn’t it!

I suppose he isn’t Gomes so at least there’s a positive.

I just hope the Goodison faithful don’t eat him alive before Christmas

If you live East of the river you’re accent will sound “Glug Glug Glug” because you’d be swimming about off Southend pier.
West of the river would be in Gloucestershire so something like a Wurzrel who has had elocution lessons.
That leaves South of the river; God’s own country. From Lambeth and Vauxhall to Tooting and Croydon, language is mangled most graciously.
“Gitcha pie’n’eeeels!”
Innit bruv

“Gitcha pie’n’eeeels!”
“I’m not going east of the river this time of night.”

True, but a lad I work with who supports Tottenham said their fans would be made up if he left. That isn’t a ringing endorsement from people who watch him week in and week out. ?
I have also heard that the spurs supporters don't rate him, we should not buy a player that cant get near their first team, if he's not good enough for them then he's not good enough for us. a spurs cast off, no thank you.

“Gitcha pie’n’eeeels!”
The cockney acvent has developed from you 'wideman' geezer over years.
Mainly due to the carribean influence over the 70s. Also down to the world being alot smaller in terms of pop culture, influences etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.