Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interests of full disclosure, I am a Spurs fan.

I appreciate that many of you are down on Winks but he ain't bad at all. Give him a chance.
  • In that good Poch team he was absolute key to our success.
  • Man City wanted to buy him last year. Spurs refused because of the issues with home grown players.
  • You can trust him to keep possession and he doesn't make many mistakes. A water carrier - yes but a good water carrier.
I am surprised we are letting him go. He is very useful to bring on to protect a lead and we have well known issues with the number of homegrown players.
We don't need people to bring on to protect a lead, we need someone who can pass to another player, not the opposition, and can positively effect a game for us. He will have to carry the midfield if he is the only midfielder we are bringing in. Sadly he may well get blamed when we're fighting relegation next year!
But, good luck to him..

We don't need people to bring on to protect a lead, we need someone who can pass to another player, not the opposition, and can positively effect a game for us. He will have to carry the midfield if he is the only midfielder we are bringing in. Sadly he may well get blamed when we're fighting relegation next year!
But, good luck to him..

This is the key for me, as it has been previously said, even those that are in favour of the signing it is on loan and also saying that he should be part of a bigger plan to gut the midfield.

It is all ifs and buts, bring Winks in on loan, maybe allows us to get others off the wage bill and then focus on signing players with more potential. That is my hope, never been an over negative person when it comes to summer transfer dealings, if they sign then so be it and hopefully it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.