Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes used to get slated for “dithering” over signings, and don’t get me wrong, it’s not like he never signed a duff one, but his hit rate was STRATOSPHERIC compared to our record since he left.

I met Rob Snodgrass at a bar after our game against Norwich, a while back. They’d beat us 2-1 and he’d played well.

I asked if he’d ever be up for signing for us and he said when he was in Scotland he was made aware that Moyes was looking at him, as a potential Everton signing. He said it was the most nervous he’s been as his agent had told him that Moyes was notoriously meticulous, and that he’d have to see him play at least 10 games well before he signed him. He said that the added pressure made him play crap in the majority of them games and it never materialised to anything.

That’s so far away from where we are at now.

I wonder if Winks is just a smokescreen to squeeze more cash from Richy’s deal.

Lure them into believing they could recoup some cash from selling winks, and we abruptly drop our interest once richy signing is confirm.

Think this still happens on loan with an option. We still need a proper DM though not convinced Winks physically is it, he recycles the ball ok but we need some power too.

Reactions: JLW
I imagine the main issue for us is that Winks only has 2 years left on his contract. If he goes to EFC on a season loan with an option and you don't buy him, his value is basically nothing.

One of those deals that might be returned to later in the window if a) you haven't bought anyone better or b) we haven't been able to sell him to anyone else.

I imagine the main issue for us is that Winks only has 2 years left on his contract. If he goes to EFC on a season loan with an option and you don't buy him, his value is basically nothing.

One of those deals that might be returned to later in the window if a) you haven't bought anyone better or b) we haven't been able to sell him to anyone else.
We just sold you our best player at a knock down and Winks apparently wants to come here. I don't see many clubs knocking down the doorI. think it gets done.

….the loan deal would probably include an ‘option’ to buy rather than an ‘obligation’ to buy. A fee would be agreed now but as you suggest, Everton failing to take up that option would reduce the players worth.

Much will depend on whether a club would meet Spurs current valuation. Getting his wages off their books for 12 months might be the best they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.