Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article in the i newspaper said Frank no longer wants him after doing extensive due diligence on him. That’s what we like to see, and need to see, for every prospective signing going forward.

Moyes used to get slated for “dithering” over signings, and don’t get me wrong, it’s not like he never signed a duff one, but his hit rate was STRATOSPHERIC compared to our record since he left.

Quite pleased that this seems to have gone a bit cold now. A loan wouldn't have been too bad as a short-term option but we shouldn't be spending upwards of £15-20m on him and it seems as though the club agrees if recent reports are to be believed.

Moyes used to get slated for “dithering” over signings, and don’t get me wrong, it’s not like he never signed a duff one, but his hit rate was STRATOSPHERIC compared to our record since he left.
A return to the Moyes days couldn’t be more appropriate given the financial situation we’re in. I’d much rather wait and get the right characters, because we’ve just seen what happens when you have too many bad apples.

I think the Thelwell influence may also be taking shape - he might possibly be our best signing for years. Seems like he has a plan emerging of the structure and pathways for the playing side of the club. If we are going to have a Director of Football model, that has to outlive any manager and he will know that he will only ever be as good as the recruitment decisions that are made under his tenure... a glance at the legacies of Walsh and Brands will tell him that!

Quite pleased that this seems to have gone a bit cold now. A loan wouldn't have been too bad as a short-term option but we shouldn't be spending upwards of £15-20m on him and it seems as though the club agrees if recent reports are to be believed.
TBH when there are only two domestic loan slots there are better uses of a loan slot, as we know from wasting one last season. Assuming we get one in the door from Chelsea I imagine there will be better players available elsewhere, especially late in the window when clubs have their players in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back