Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its widely stated by the Spurs fans on their forum that both Dele and Winks went to poop confidence wise firstly under Mourinho.

Their game time dropped off (massively this season) and Winks piped up and said he needed a run of games to get back to form.

These two are both players who need a Poch manager behind them...we have similar in Lampard.

These boys werent average under Poch thats for sure.

Haha could picture Vieira and Lampard in a pub having a chat about what a good player Winks looked a couple of years ago....how they'd utilise him and how that type doesnt suit a Mourinho or a Conte team but would be back getting England caps under them.

Meanwhile a couple of young Evertonians pipe up with "what do you two old codgers know about midfielders" ?
Ali has not worked out has he? Ali had a series of hamstring injuries and has not shown any form since. We can’t afford to be taking £20m punts on players who have performed poorly for 3 seasons. I would look to do a loan signing in midfield if that is the best we can do. We need to be smarter

Couple of years ago he was one of the first names on the England team sheet, similar to Alli he's fallen off a cliff at Spurs for whatever reason. It's obvious what Lampard wants this summer, established players who are on the decline and who he thinks he can get back to the top of their game. We saw this with Dele in Jan. Wouldn't surprise me if we end the summer with just 3 in: Tarks, Winks + McNeil.
Ah well, another relegation battle beckons then.

I believe there was a story about a so called group of wise men, who wanted to impress their Iranian king by finding the best crab in the land.

Bobbi found the king a Cleverley crab,
Ronald and Steve brought a Morgan crab,
Marco and Marcel tried a Gomes crab, and finally, Frankie and Kev presented the Winks crab.

The moral of the story is, it wasn't the king that needed impressing, it was his people...

... and they don't like seafood.

Maybe his current manager has told him he doesn't see him fitting into his system as a regular starter, and rather than kick his heels and toss about like loads of our lot, he actually wants to play a bit of footy.

Maybe he looks at our midfield options and thinks "I'm better than all them, I'm a nailed on starter."

I dunno.
I would be majorly worried if he didn't think that!

Got to give the new management team the benefit of the doubt. He obviously had something about him a year or two ago.

Its widely stated by the Spurs fans on their forum that both Dele and Winks went to poop confidence wise firstly under Mourinho.

Their game time dropped off (massively this season) and Winks piped up and said he needed a run of games to get back to form.

These two are both players who need a Poch manager behind them...we have similar in Lampard.

These boys werent average under Poch thats for sure.

Haha could picture Vieira and Lampard in a pub having a chat about what a good player Winks looked a couple of years ago....how they'd utilise him and how that type doesnt suit a Mourinho or a Conte team but would be back getting England caps under them.

Meanwhile a couple of young Evertonians pipe up with "what do you two old codgers know about midfielders" ?
I’m older then both Frank and I think Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.