Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’ll be a good signing. Lampard told the players be comfortable on the ball. Winks is.
I believe he sees winks as an easier/cheaper form of Gilmour, and will use him in the way he did with Gilmour at Chelsea.

Whether he isn’t the first choice of fans because he can’t do this or that, maybe he’s being signed to do what he can do.

We don’t know how frank wants to play yet, points over performances was all that mattered. Now he’s trying to sign players to suit.

Defensive midfielders always look crap to me unless they play for us, I thought we’d signed a complete dud when Gareth Barry rocked up, same with Idrissa but they were both fantastic.
Happy to back Frank rather than get upset about an unglamorous signing - one things for sure if we do sign him - we will be playing a different brand of football next season and hopefully it’s one that suits Dele

His injury record should be why we don't take him. It's not terrible BUT he has missed over 40 games through injury over the last 5 years...its too many.

Couple of years ago he was one of the first names on the England team sheet, similar to Alli he's fallen off a cliff at Spurs for whatever reason. It's obvious what Lampard wants this summer, established players who are on the decline and who he thinks he can get back to the top of their game. We saw this with Dele in Jan. Wouldn't surprise me if we end the summer with just 3 in: Tarks, Winks + McNeil.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's never started a competitive game for England.

Oh I’m a sucker for a YouTube comp. Seems to like to ping a pass, can we not do a loan with option to buy? Injury record is the big worry, spending 20 big ones to take Delphi’s place on the physio table would be a disaster.
Agreed his injury record is poor. We aren't in a position to carry another Delph as you say. Next Please ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's never started a competitive game for England.
He made his debut when starting in England's 1–0 away win over Lithuania, which was the team's final match in their successful 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign. Phil McNulty of BBC Sport stated that, on the night, Winks was "England's best performer. Neat and tidy and almost scored. Eye-catching among so much mediocrity.

He made his debut when starting in England's 1–0 away win over Lithuania, which was the team's final match in their successful 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign. Phil McNulty of BBC Sport stated that, on the night, Winks was "England's best performer. Neat and tidy and almost scored. Eye-catching among so much mediocrity.
Well, raise my rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.