Have I been on the 'Source' ??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Holy Trinity

Player Valuation: £10m
Yes I know its a play on words but I thought I'd get this down here as I'm starting to worry that I'm going a bit nutty !! The reason is this pre-season is the first for as long as I can remember that I am genuinely excited about. I even watched all 3 Australian matches live (including half day holiday for the Melbourne one !!) . Anyone , who knows me knows I don't do Everton pre season as its normally a half hearted effort from the players that leaves me more depressed than uplifted. This pre season seems different for some reason. Maybe its the 'new players' or maybe its the fact that we lost only TWO Premier League matches since November 29 2009 !! Whichever one is the reason I'm really optimistic.

I was discussing our best line up with 'Source' ;tm the other day and in my line up we had some real quality on the bench. I went for ; Howard , Coleman, Baines, Jags, Heitinga, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov and Yakubu. Now players who didn't get in ... Neville, Distin, Yobo, Rodwell, Osman, Hibbert, Saha, Beckford, Anichebe, Vaughan, Guaye... For me the players who didn't get would make a decent side which just hammered home to me how much we have improved over the last few years.

Source also asked me if we had £10 mill to spend where I would spend it ? When you look at our line up its a tough question but I went for Donovan or someone of that ilk. Hazard maybe but I'm more interested in keeping the players we've already got than buying more and that for me was the biggest indication that we are massively improved and have a good chance of the 'Top 4' IF we can keep our players and keep them fit !!

So my question is .... Do you share my optimism or am I deluded ???

I was sharing it months ago, before the Pienaar/Arteta rumours began to circulate. I've accepted that Pienaar will probably go, but if Mikel leaves then I can't be optimistic about anything.

However, if they both stay, or Pienaar goes for a decent fee and we get a viable replacement, I will be very optimistic indeed. I'm praying we get to see Felli and Arteta in the center.

I've kept it down like as its always famous last words, but I'm excited about the new season genuinely for the first time in a while.

I know were not out of the woods yet but we could do some damage this year, for those exact reasons you've highlighted mate. We have strength in depth for the first time in over twenty years.

Doff of cap to Moyes and the lids.

Yes I know its a play on words but I thought I'd get this down here as I'm starting to worry that I'm going a bit nutty !! The reason is this pre-season is the first for as long as I can remember that I am genuinely excited about. I even watched all 3 Australian matches live (including half day holiday for the Melbourne one !!) . Anyone , who knows me knows I don't do Everton pre season as its normally a half hearted effort from the players that leaves me more depressed than uplifted. This pre season seems different for some reason. Maybe its the 'new players' or maybe its the fact that we lost only TWO Premier League matches since November 29 2009 !! Whichever one is the reason I'm really optimistic.

I was discussing our best line up with 'Source' ;tm the other day and in my line up we had some real quality on the bench. I went for ; Howard , Coleman, Baines, Jags, Heitinga, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov and Yakubu. Now players who didn't get in ... Neville, Distin, Yobo, Rodwell, Osman, Hibbert, Saha, Beckford, Anichebe, Vaughan, Guaye... For me the players who didn't get would make a decent side which just hammered home to me how much we have improved over the last few years.

Source also asked me if we had £10 mill to spend where I would spend it ? When you look at our line up its a tough question but I went for Donovan or someone of that ilk. Hazard maybe but I'm more interested in keeping the players we've already got than buying more and that for me was the biggest indication that we are massively improved and have a good chance of the 'Top 4' IF we can keep our players and keep them fit !!

So my question is .... Do you share my optimism or am I deluded ???

this has basically summed up my opinion on the new season, plus, I think that Gueye and Beckford are great signings

If we can keep Pienaar and Arteta without any big war, and we won't have any season ending injuries, we have all the reasons to be optimistic.

I really want to see Fellaini and Arteta together as CM duo, they were playing together before, but it was when Fellaini was AM/SS, so it's not comparable.

We have £10m to spend!!???

Nah, i'm kidding.

I thought this before, but now I think i'm just fooling myself, and we'll probably finish about 5th if we're lucky.

*unjinxes it

If we get seven points from our first three games and still have our squad in tact, I'll start believing. It's ****** Everton tho isn't it, something will go wrong.

I look forward to the beginning of every season, but thats possibly because I can never let myself believe we're not the greatest side ever to kick a football,
as you can tell I get disappointed often but this year if Arteta stays.............

well...

watch this space

COYB

If we can keep Pienaar and Arteta without any big war, and we won't have any season ending injuries, we have all the reasons to be optimistic.

I really want to see Fellaini and Arteta together as CM duo, they were playing together before, but it was when Fellaini was AM/SS, so it's not comparable.

THIS!

really think Rodwell will step up another gear this year too and Bily and big Vic,
Beckford I think is a tough one could be great could be flop 50/50

I was sharing it months ago, before the Pienaar/Arteta rumours began to circulate. I've accepted that Pienaar will probably go, but if Mikel leaves then I can't be optimistic about anything.

However, if they both stay, or Pienaar goes for a decent fee and we get a viable replacement, I will be very optimistic indeed. I'm praying we get to see Felli and Arteta in the center.

Yes agreed a lot depends on Arteta and Pienaar staying. I reckon we could just about cover one leaving but two ?? I'm basing my optimism on them both staying !!

Status
Not open for further replies.