Heitinga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Moyes say that Johnny has started the last few seasons quite slowly so he was reluctant to start him, he also said he'd mentioned this to JH who'd accepted the situation but vowed to get his place back .. A good bit of management IMO

Didn't Moyes say that Johnny has started the last few seasons quite slowly so he was reluctant to start him, he also said he'd mentioned this to JH who'd accepted the situation but vowed to get his place back .. A good bit of management IMO

Yeah hence Johnny's somewhat barbed and sarcastic response;

'this is apparently the tough phase of the season that I have to get through every year'

I think the only advantage Distin has over Heitinga is pace. We need to hold on to him as Distin is going to be close to retirement age at the end of the season.

huh? all mertesacker has is height, and vermaelan is very tall as well. forget full backs because everyone but stoke has smallish full bakcs.

what does this mean sheeds?
Mertesacker yes, although I cant see him playing much, Vermaelan is the 5.10/6.00ft.

i know this would never happen, but just imagine jags, johnny and distin as a 3 at the back, with baines and coleman as wingbacks. it would suit coleman well because i dont think he is a natural wide man but does lack in the defensive side of his game and would have the license to go on one of his road-runner like runs down the right.

I think the only advantage Distin has over Heitinga is pace. We need to hold on to him as Distin is going to be close to retirement age at the end of the season.

Pace didn't get him anywhere near Long twice.

I would play all three of them and drop Ossie. Use him off the bench for the last 15. Give Baines Left Side Free Licence.

Get someone in on the right that can actually cross a ball.

he starts the season slow because he gets played out of position, hes been dropped when he didnt deserve to so moyes can squeeze more favourites in, now we can watch Jags hoof the ball away, were a better team with heitinga in that position, we play better football, and we concede less goals.

he would be well within his rights to throw a transfer request in.

He has pace, height and strength on Heitinga. Heitinga is a better all round footballer though. Good that we have options in defence.

Absolute miles away from World Class mate. A handful of International caps between them mostly in friendlies and against unfancied opposition doesn't make you world class.

i guess i meant in terms of the level of their club play. i think more than a few would disagree with the call-up decisions of their respective nations / their exclusions.

heitinga played in a world cup final, while jags has played in a handful of international matches and distin has played in even fewer, do you really think that means heitinga is a better player. or is it more likely that johnny is the beneficiary of a highly politicized selection process for internationals, while jags and distin are victims of the same?

edit: distin has played in no internationals. still doesn't change the fact that he's world class for me

If he keeps sitting in bench he will be in another club next year.
I love him, though. About week ago he said he is willing to fight for his place in XI.
So I'm expecting him to do that. he will get action soon enough I quess

It's a tricky one for moyes. They all offer different attributes to claim a starting role. JH is the odd one out at present and he needs to wait for his chance which I believe he should now get against Newcastle after distin's display against west brom.

I think the stats posted earlier against jags were a bit unfair. Yes we conceded a few more goals in jags total game time but if you consider that jags played the majority of early season games before the additions were added and we became a better team plus ill fated reserve 3-0 defeat to the ****e, it makes it a bit of a unfair comparison.

My personal preference is always jags and heitinga but I completely understand how distin gets his place, he really can be immense! We need Europe Qly for so many reasons this season.

Lash Distin left back, then Jags, then SHeitinga, then Coleman

Pop Baines-y on the left wing, Pienaar in the middle (drop Ossie), Fellaini, Gibbo (or that Junior kid, whoever can stick back), Mirallas/Naismith on the right and Jely-One-Touch up top

As our friend Angelwitch would say... simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back