Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read these and decide for yourself, pessimistic Evertonian or Manc WUM?

Exactly. We will never achieve anything at the big boy's table again if we keep selling our best players to rivals.

Why, because truth hurts?

Man Utd yet again take our best player whilst we take their cast offs who they don't want.

Absolutely devastated. Lose our best player, sign the fat one.

Pogba who helped Utd win two trophies and get into the CL last season.

We will get left behind yet again whilst everyone around us buys world class quality.

Pogba was a good signing and will only get better. But no, let's sign more limited footballers like Schneiderlin.

You can bury your head in the sand and pretend that we are in a good position but we're not.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs and Liverp**l all have better squads and dare I say it, managers than us. Trying to achieve CL football the Spurs way is a lovely idea but not a feasible one.

90m plus Rooney is a hell of a deal like.
Yeah, for Man Utd.

There`s about 5 posts made one June 28th about how all of our signings are crap and aren`t scaring anyone in the Top 4 while we`re nailed on for 7th.

You have probably been abused for saying this but it's true.

Just take a look at our rivals forums last few days - our signings are worrying no one.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/search/17158336/?page=7

He was on here before, or at least knows of the esk.

Who is that bloke everyone got their transfer gossip from on here last season? The bloke who works at the club?

Any whispers from him?

I am convinced that this was pure popcorning.

Wishful thinking Micknick me old cherub.

tenor.gif

I might as well throw a few more onto the pile...

Rom will bang in the goals for you lot. Glad he has gone to you over Chelsea too.

He will be top goal scorer in the league next season.

What, so we can win the "finished above Man Utd" trophy?

You sound like the RS last season!

Well, no, because if Man Utd finish 6th and we finish 5th, it isn't an achievement whatsoever.

Sorry but I am angry mate. A big time manager like Mourinho or Guardiola wouldn't have Rooney near our team.

How am I a WUM? Are you genuinely excited about a 55 year old Wayne Rooney who can't walk 3 yards without breaking into a sweat these days?

Or are you trying to save face? It's ok to say how poor Wayne is now. He wouldn't make the first 11 of ANY team in the top 8 but we sell Rom and bring Rooney back?!
It's an absolute farce.

Agree. Jagielka is a good player to have around, it's similar to why Mourinho has kept Carrick around.

This is such a backwards step. If Rooney was going anywhere else you'd all be saying he is finished.

But us mugs have him back - every Man Utd fan I know is celebrating this like a new signing. They've wanted Rooney out for 3 seasons.

Absolutely ridiculous decision by everyone involved at the club. Rooney is overweight, past it and loves the beer and fags. He will treat this like a holiday home, you watch.

I am raging.

That's nice. I wish we were able to hold onto our best players instead of taking Man Utd's over-the-hill, overweight scraps.

But that's just me.

Clutching now.

Mourinho has to phase out Wayne and everyone knows this.

I was shocked that he managed to actually completely drop him by March and then SELL him by now! He was a huge personality at Old Trafford.

Tell me this: Did you enjoy Rooney's performances and think they would be good enough for us last season?

Ah, so it's Van Gaal and Mourinho's fault! We'll that's ok then - hopefully Koeman will be able to get Wayne to lose 2 stone and actually run again.

He isn't burnt out then? Ferguson saw his decline coming and tried to get rid only for Davie Moyes to give him a huge contract.

It's the inflated market. He USB worth it according to stats.

We shouldn't take the pee out of Man Utd for Pogba anymore though. He is looking a steal now.

Sign a Man Utd reject who is finished at the highest level in Wayne Rooney, sell our brightest and one of our most talented players in Ross Barkley.

Everton that.

RedCafe's Rooney thread is interesting:

RK's job will be on the line if he persists with Wayne.

So you disagree with their opinion?

It's got nothing to do with Rooney being a Scouser, that's just paranoid nonsense. It's because Rooney resembles a Championship footballer at best these days.

Some serious straw clutching going on in here.

The weird thing is, I remember how blues were saying how bad his last few seasons at Utd were yet here we are, trying to shoehorn him into a promising side.

It stinks of sentimentality.

I don't know many blues that run around kissing the Man Utd badge.

Lads we aren't getting VVD or Giroud. Both players want CL football and trophies.

Chelsea or a shock bid from either Manc club will secure VVD. Kopites haven't got a chance.

Welbeck?! No thanks, lad is bambi on ice. Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Why do we accept mediocrity? All this supposed cash reserves and we're getting excited over Welbeck and a 50 year old Rooney.

I despair.

Good post. He allows Michael Tar Ryan and Rashford to exploit the spaces.

Lukaku isn't an immense player but he is an extremely reliable goal scorer and that's all Mourinho and Man Utd fans will care about.

Same. Immense striker - will tear it up at Utd.

To think some blues wanted De Bore. He's another Van Gaal.

That RS squad will struggle this season. No depth whatsoever.

He isn't going to even consider us lol

This is like when some blues were convinced Mourinho was coming here and ended up at Utd.

How any kid looks up to Rooney or Barkley has always bewildered me. Both have faces like old potatoes.

I was born near Liverpool but I would never date a Scouse bird. All of the ones I know are common as muck. Except my mum she is lovely.

MANC

OK, that's it. I'm removing ALL doubt. His head is mine. Kneel down before me @Soap

They won't get Keita.

The Poo always get lined up with the huge young talents only for them to end up with James Milner on a free.

How about if I call them 'Poo'?

I actually call them the Bin Dippers when with friends but I don't know if that would go down well here.

You'll come good again. Martinez deserves to see out the season at least IMO and then some. Same goes for Rodgers after steering the Poo to 2nd last season.

Torres was immense back in the day for Poo. They actually had a very good spine in Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres. But the Fat Spanish Waiter played for draws more often than not and they always dropped far too many points home home to win the league.

Also, I never understood why he unsettled the immense Alonso by looking to bring in Barry? No offence but Barry was never in the same class as the Spaniard.

Benitez was crazy in the transfer market.

Plenty more in here.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/search/17163109/?q=poo&o=date&c[user][0]=27873

MODS?!?!? BAN PLZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back