How can EFC shake off fan short-termism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can do it by being more professional as a club and by being transparent with the most important stakeholders. Us lot.

1. Admit to past mistakes. (plenty, including Short-termism) This will never happen under the current board.
  2. So, the owner needs to appoint serious people to the board. (a jobbing actor/middling theatre producer are not qualities for a PL Chair, and a Charity boss isnt a PL CEO. Sadly, he's lost all interest so this won't happen)
  3. Re-instate AGMs, but invite more than just shareholders. Welcome questions from the floor. Don't give BS, tell the truth.
  4. Have the DoF and Manager communicate goals for the season, and explain why those goals are set. (Winning the league is a goal, but despite what Neville says, it's unrealistic right now)
Evertonians are a funny bunch, we still think we're 'Big 5' but have been stealthily bummed into being second rate PL team. Over the past 20+ years by selfish people at the top. Now many think Europa Qualification would be success.

The club is on life support. That's NOT entirely Moshiris fault (though he's not blameless), he merely signs the cheques when asked by the board. We're in our current bind because they are either useless OR are too concerned about losing their generous pay packets to apply the proper checks and balances against the owner.

We've gone though so many managers and so much money, fans are conditioned to thinking sacking Lampard is the answer.

It isn't.

I've said it plenty, nothing with change until that boated living corpse masquerading as our Chairman leaves the club. The stench of mediocrity from him and all his bootlickers (paid and voluntary) need scrubbing clean from this place.

We'll be lucky to survive this season, but people still blame the wrong target.

I can only hope and pray that with Skippy's addition to the board it brings about fundamental changes in mindset. I will not hold my breath though as I suspect he will just be another BK stooge.

However, that said, Timmy is a straight talking guy who is always up for the fight and he may just be the person needed to bring a few home truths to the boardroom table.

They can do it by being more professional as a club and by being transparent with the most important stakeholders. Us lot.

1. Admit to past mistakes. (plenty, including Short-termism) This will never happen under the current board.
  2. So, the owner needs to appoint serious people to the board. (a jobbing actor/middling theatre producer are not qualities for a PL Chair, and a Charity boss isnt a PL CEO. Sadly, he's lost all interest so this won't happen)
  3. Re-instate AGMs, but invite more than just shareholders. Welcome questions from the floor. Don't give BS, tell the truth.
  4. Have the DoF and Manager communicate goals for the season, and explain why those goals are set. (Winning the league is a goal, but despite what Neville says, it's unrealistic right now)
Evertonians are a funny bunch, we still think we're 'Big 5' but have been stealthily bummed into being second rate PL team. Over the past 20+ years by selfish people at the top. Now many think Europa Qualification would be success.

The club is on life support. That's NOT entirely Moshiris fault (though he's not blameless), he merely signs the cheques when asked by the board. We're in our current bind because they are either useless OR are too concerned about losing their generous pay packets to apply the proper checks and balances against the owner.

We've gone though so many managers and so much money, fans are conditioned to thinking sacking Lampard is the answer.

It isn't.

I've said it plenty, nothing with change until that boated living corpse masquerading as our Chairman leaves the club. The stench of mediocrity from him and all his bootlickers (paid and voluntary) need scrubbing clean from this place.

We'll be lucky to survive this season, but people still blame the wrong target.
Some good points here

Bill Kenwright I think has always meant very well, provided stability and had the clubs very best interests at heart

For a long time he looked for someone who could bring more money to the table and finally found Moshiri

I think Moshiri also means well but it seems he might have stepped beyond his remit at times, getting involved in decisions and transfers. He’s an accountant and sometimes seems a bit off the mark when assessing football related things. Also the Russia ties are concerning

The main thing we’re missing at the moment though, regardless of those in charge is a striker. Think that has to be the priority for Jan - can’t rely on DC-L to get fit

Some good points here

Bill Kenwright I think has always meant very well, provided stability and had the clubs very best interests at heart
He's an Everton fan. But he's a Kenwright fan first and foremost. His best interests always come ahead of the clubs.

And if by stability you mean selling off every sellable asset to barely keep our heads above water, then yeah.... He provided that.
For a long time he looked for someone who could bring more money to the table and finally found Moshiri
He searched "24x7" (according to him) for 'investment' into the club. If he'd have stuck a massive 'For Sale' sign on the back of the Park End we'd have been sold 20 years ago.
I think Moshiri also means well but it seems he might have stepped beyond his remit at times, getting involved in decisions and transfers. He’s an accountant and sometimes seems a bit off the mark when assessing football related things. Also the Russia ties are concerning
He undoubtedly means well. His financial commitment so far means that's beyond question. The point is, if he felt the board were doing a good job he probably wouldn't feel the need to get involved.

The mystery is, why are they still around?
The main thing we’re missing at the moment though, regardless of those in charge is a striker. Think that has to be the priority for Jan - can’t rely on DC-L to get fit
100%.The reason the money is tight with regard to the rules is because nobody took control of things.

Why would anyone on the board tell the owner 'no' when they know they're massively underqualified/overpaid for what they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.