How do we get our Everton back .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football sold its soul to the Premier League, we have just been slow catching up. Back in the day, when Dinosaurs still roamed the earth, I remember watching Southport as a sort of second team, when the Toffees were in some far flung part of the country like Southampton or the like, now-a-days you could be strung up by the inquisition for an admission like that, (Which is why I didn't include South Liverpool, oh the shame of it!). Alas, I don't recognise this bastardised version of my old blues.

This is Shameful and Embarassing like all who have posted on here I Love Everton there a major part of my life I'm Currently v sad to see them in Such a v bad way .I have seen the Protests and the matches on TV don't get to go at the moment as have health problems and Supporting the blues at the moment does not help been in this situation before though when Mike Walker was in Charge.What has to change to get us back up the league and into the Top half again .I don't think having this board and some of these players are helping .
Two wins on the bounce will do it.

That and the end of the summer when we can bin the freeloaders seeing out their obscene contracts and ffp has less of an impact on us.

If ever ffp has been shown to protect the sky brands from challenge this has been it.

Ultimately it comes down to having a coherent long term strategy and then getting the right people in to implement that plan. It all starts off with appointments and strategy off the pitch. Get them right and follow the plan over years and there's a chance things can improve.

The problem is that there are no quick fixes or 1 thing that needs to change to turn things around. It needs a hell of a lot of patience since even the best plans and people won't improve things in a linear trajectory. There'll be ups and downs. One of the downs will be that if there is improvement then other clubs will look to pick off best players. That's going to happen and you need to be able to ride that appropriately and fix with good recruitment and player development.

The biggest issues currently is that there is no coherent strategy in place, the people in positions of power (owner, chairman, DoF and manager) may not be the right people and even if they were I'm not sure the fanbase has the stomach and patience for a long journey back to what might be a realistic aim (become a regular Top 6 club like Spurs).

Fuscinula in eo haereat, Factum est

My Latin is more than a bit rusty so I had to look that up. :D

Everything sounds better though in that language. I wonder if we could push this through the fan board member to change our motto seeing it's more applicable and see how far along the process it gets before someone notices. lol

Join the Russian mafia, rise through the ranks by unleashing a torrent of violence, plunder the mineral wealth of the Soviet Union, then take advantage of Britain's world famous money laundering services by purchasing it through thinly disguised intermediaries?

This is Shameful and Embarassing like all who have posted on here I Love Everton there a major part of my life I'm Currently v sad to see them in Such a v bad way .I have seen the Protests and the matches on TV don't get to go at the moment as have health problems and Supporting the blues at the moment does not help been in this situation before though when Mike Walker was in Charge.What has to change to get us back up the league and into the Top half again .I don't think having this board and some of these players are helping .
Umm - what about the fan and forum leaders?

What action could they take to improve the overall culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.