How has the downturn affected your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when we're doing well i dont bother watching the footy shows, reading the papers or listening to sports radio. There all full of [Poor language removed] at the best of times so i stopped paying attention to it all a few years ago. Keep up to date via Official website, GOT and twitter

yeah, made me very depressed, at least i was down visiting friends and family back home. if i was in my house in cardiff all alone, that rope would have looked quite tempting.

i've found i've had to leave the house and go cycling a lot to try and take my mind off these rubbish blues. cycled 120 miles over the christmas 10 days off i had haha - bloody morons. have barely been arsed to watch the games tbh

"Ah can't spake";)lol(gutted really,but seen,much,much worse,bizarrely although we were ace at the time,try throwing the league and cup away to the RS in a week like we did in 1986:()
And have a front row seat for the worst RS side anyone could remember stealing our double off us!!!! The last few minutes at Wmbley 86 and the way out of the stadium were among my worst as a blue. Only Everton as we say!! That said we are clearly in a pickle which people are rightly concerned over. Worst we've ever been? Not even close!!

And have a front row seat for the worst RS side anyone could remember stealing our double off us!!!! The last few minutes at Wmbley 86 and the way out of the stadium were among my worst as a blue. Only Everton as we say!! That said we are clearly in a pickle which people are rightly concerned over. Worst we've ever been? Not even close!!
It was horrendous mate,after the derby at the pit I think they probably took 37 points out of 39,they were so bad in that derby we came out at the end laughing at them,Southalls injury for Wales was key,even the final 1-0 up and again we were laughing at them when Grobelbung and Beglin were having a barney,one awful ball from Shaggy and the game turned on its head,horrible,horrible day.

This is just a blip in my Everton supporting life. I am like a Vietnam vet, I've seen things. I've lived through the Mike Walker era, (adopts American accent) you don't know man, you weren't there.

I was there with you man, I've got the scars to prove it man.

Seriously, it bloody ruins by day/evening and following day. It shouldn't do but it does and unfortunately it shows no sign of getting any easier ad I get older. Feel sorry for my wife and 2 kids having to put up with me when Everton are in piss poor form. ffs Everton sort it out!!!

I swear more at the football. I swear more at MOTD. I have no Everton players in my current Fantasy Football team. Haven't for weeks.

Apart from that, I'm pretty good at separating football from real life.

been sitting in 3rd in my league for the past few months took howard, coleman and barkley out replaced with kane, tadic and forster. I went 1st and clear by 20 points in the space of a day

I was there with you man, I've got the scars to prove it man.

Seriously, it bloody ruins by day/evening and following day. It shouldn't do but it does and unfortunately it shows no sign of getting any easier ad I get older. Feel sorry for my wife and 2 kids having to put up with me when Everton are in piss poor form. ffs Everton sort it out!!!
*looks deeply into maccavennies eyes and recognises his pain

It was horrendous mate,after the derby at the pit I think they probably took 37 points out of 39,they were so bad in that derby we came out at the end laughing at them,Southalls injury for Wales was key,even the final 1-0 up and again we were laughing at them when Grobelbung and Beglin were having a barney,one awful ball from Shaggy and the game turned on its head,horrible,horrible day.
Absolutely. Iirc they dug out a late win out of nothing at Spurs away the week after the Derby which made me think hang on this is not over yet. Luton away on the plastic.. Colin Harvey said we lost it there not at Oxford because once you have a lead it should be game over. And at Wembley an unbelievable save from grobelaar to stop us regaining deserved lead.... And dogleash offside for one of the goals and no one even appealed....pact with the devil and all that.
Any way the next season was some recompense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back