How has the downturn affected your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Iirc they dug out a late win out of nothing at Spurs away the week after the Derby which made me think hang on this is not over yet. Luton away on the plastic.. Colin Harvey said we lost it there not at Oxford because once you have a lead it should be game over. And at Wembley an unbelievable save from grobelaar to stop us regaining deserved lead.... And dogleash offside for one of the goals and no one even appealed....pact with the devil and all that.
Any way the next season was some recompense.
It was,but golden opportunities we didn't grasp even back then,we should have been "Double"Double winners if you recall the Man U FA Cup final defeat(although that would have been a treble as well:()

He's said something similar to this before. He said before the derby you have to expect to concede one but to be able to outscore to win things.

However he's never said he doesn't believe in defending and you cannot find a source of such a quote if you tried.

Some just do not want to accept some points without trying trying slants on them. The point is we are not outscoring the goals scored against us.

When we're in a slump like this it makes me lose interest in all the other teams for some reason. I stop watching games and looking at the league. This FA cup weekend has completely passed me by. One small consolation is when we win games when we're struggling the atmosphere in goodison turns electric and I come out of the place buzzing

So.....how has it been for you?

I don't watch MOTD or MOTD2 when we lose so I haven't watched those shows the whole month of December.....QPR was a midweek game.

Ditto the newspapers.

I haven't held a newspaper in my hand during this period.

I haven't listened to 5Live, talkSPORT or Citytalk.

In short, I have cut myself off from football in both print and electronic media since the Spurs game.

The only way I know what is happening in the world is logging in to GOT.

I merely went through the motions of Christmas.

Thankfully my family are most understanding.

In fact, as they are mostly Blues, they were in sympathy with me albeit they aren't as fanatical or depressed over it :(

Please, guys.....someone tell me I am not unique in withdrawing from society on account of my football team is driving me nuckin' futz :rant:

At my age I really shouldn't let football have such a big affect upon my mood, but it's not just the results of late it is the abject drivel being served up for all bar a few minutes of each game. I find it very frustrating that these players and manager who were so good for most of last season appear to have absolutely no confidence, no belief, no spirit, no fight and worse still, no obvious ideas of what to do to turn things around.

I still read the odd paper report, but avoid the official club site as I have no desire to read the endless nonsense that the media team have little option than to peddle as they patently cannot write and publish what they might actually like to say.

So.....how has it been for you?

I don't watch MOTD or MOTD2 when we lose so I haven't watched those shows the whole month of December.....QPR was a midweek game.

Ditto the newspapers.

I haven't held a newspaper in my hand during this period.

I haven't listened to 5Live, talkSPORT or Citytalk.

In short, I have cut myself off from football in both print and electronic media since the Spurs game.

The only way I know what is happening in the world is logging in to GOT.

I merely went through the motions of Christmas.

Thankfully my family are most understanding.

In fact, as they are mostly Blues, they were in sympathy with me albeit they aren't as fanatical or depressed over it :(

Please, guys.....someone tell me I am not unique in withdrawing from society on account of my football team is driving me nuckin' futz :rant:
Kinell. Get a life like. There's more to it than football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back