How has the downturn affected your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Everton though, they offer you some hope and then they smash it into the ground.

The fume on Tuesday if we get knocked out will be unreal.

True. I always look forward to games as you never know which one will be the turning point.
But it will hurt if the Hammers knock us out of the FA Cup. We all need a Wembley trip to lift our spirits.

Worst Christmas for a long time.

We we were on a bad run in 04/05 at this time but IIRC we sneaked a win at Sunderland when one went in off Stubbsy's arse in the last few minutes and the corner was turned.

Would love a similar thing to happen this time but sadly the problems seem more deep-rooted so can't see it happening.

Getting buckled in for a bumpy 2nd half of the season. :(

My antidepressants prescription started about the same time so I've not given too much of a [Poor language removed] besides match day grumblings. Not reading the news about us for a bit though.

Aye up.....I had forgotten about that.

I haven't even been able to muster the enthusiasm to read that thread and laugh at them losing a two goal lead at home to Leicester :(

I know. Its tragic really. The internet used to be fun until Eberton mucked it all up.

Also present at the Wimbledon game. Insanity. I think a load of blues kicked out of their apathy with that as the following seasons had much better attendance.

Never again. You listening Martinez?
Agree with this - remember going in 93/4 attendances were awful , seem to recall beating liverpool then getting hammered 5-1 by Norwich soon after and attendance was about 16.000 ! Only after Wimbledon that attendances went up to over 30000 regularly

Agree with this - remember going in 93/4 attendances were awful , seem to recall beating liverpool then getting hammered 5-1 by Norwich soon after and attendance was about 16.000 ! Only after Wimbledon that attendances went up to over 30000 regularly

Aye wasn't helped by the Park End being knocked down but attendances had been in decline since the late eighties. No one was too arsed over a shitty Everton.

Then Wimbledon happened and loads realised.

None the slightest to be honest. He/they lost me after August and I haven't watched a match since.
#it'sallthesame #onlythenameswilllchange

My antidepressants prescription started about the same time so I've not given too much of a [Poor language removed] besides match day grumblings. Not reading the news about us for a bit though.

You don't hear much about Martinez being under pressure in the national media, SSN in particular - not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.