How has the downturn affected your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the down turn started at Spurs as before that we were up and down - since then we have been dire. In many ways that defeat was pivotal and I was so f****d off for a few days after that.
The missus's family are all west ham so I have to contemplate an average at best season with the family talking about the hammers getting into the champions league. Oh and I work with a load of spurs fans.... happy days :)

I'm now addicted to custard creams, going through 6 packs a day, total relapse, it'll be garibaldis next, then you know the bourbons, slippery slope this.

Miserable as sin, has actually put me off going the game a bit too. I know that makes me sound a bit glory-ish, but £30-£40 ticket + £3 train + £10 on food and drink is far more difficult to justify if you think you're likely to come home miserable.

I've gone off football a bit. I only watch the Everton matches now, didn't look at a single FA cup match this weekend. I'm a bit worried, to be honest, and I don't think the niggling sense of concern I now constantly feel at the back of my head will go anywhere until our next three points, which could be a while away.

Considering I was talking to a young lady of 18 yesterday who had a tumor removed from her chest in what should have been minor keyhole surgery but turned out to be a full surgical procedure that's left her with an 8 inch scar on her chest and she was laughing and joking around as best she could until her results come in I think I've managed okay.

Considering I was talking to a young lady of 18 yesterday who had a tumor removed from her chest in what should have been minor keyhole surgery but turned out to be a full surgical procedure that's left her with an 8 inch scar on her chest and she was laughing and joking around as best she could until her results come in I think I've managed okay.

To be honest, I've been thinking of shooting my girlfriend in the head to put things into context.

The good:

- Defeats are becoming part of my life, they hurt less and less
- I have managed to make peace with the fact that we are never going to win a game ever again
- For the above reasons, I am consuming less alcohol on matchdays

The bad:

- The stick I'm going to get off my kopite bandwagon mates in May when we drop. I will never, ever hear the last of it.
- I know we won't do a "Newcastle" and bounce back, stakes are too high these days. A "Charlton" seems more likely!

Snarled my way through Christmas and that. It's bad but when I thought the [Poor language removed] we're going to win the league.. That was BAD. Waking up screaming most nights

Status
Not open for further replies.