How Important is Baines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this, we're more creative without Cahill, he just looks like he's lost half a yard of pace and doesn't cause as many problems up top anymore. He's a legend at the club but the way he's playing at the moment he's not worth 50/60 grand a week which we can't afford to spend on players who aren't delivering anymore

still big role to play has tim !!

Here's an idea like:

We play our best football down the left, where our best players are, and this makes us predictable.

How about we get someone who can ****ing do it on the right hand side as well? It might work....

I'm well cOnfused.

I thought Baines was our best attacking threat. Yet the three games without him we've scored 4!!

Go figure!!

I'm well cOnfused.

I thought Baines was our best attacking threat. Yet the three games without him we've scored 4!!

Go figure!!

Its like Barcelona, when you have 1 gameplan and that gameplan either isn't on form or gets figured out by the opposition you have to find other ways of scoring goals.

Instead of getting out wide to Baines and crossing it in to Cahill we found other ways of scoring.

I think Cahill not starting the last 3 league games is worth noting more.

We've played some great, fast, free-flowing, interchanging football. Fellaini, Pienaar and Ossie have been fantastic around the midfield.

Cahill can't do what they can do. He's not that kind of player.

Baines on the other hand can only enhance this style of football, but as Death says, we shouldn't look to use him 100% of the time.

***Good goal by Timmy today though. Loved the team celebration.

If Baines had played today that would have been more. If Cahill hadn't played we'd certainly have played better football second half.

I think another factor is that opposing teams identify Baines as a primary threat (as they should) and expect a certain style of play from us - i.e. get the ball to Baines --> cross into box; A lot of preparation likely goes into containing that approach, and now that Everton have switched up their attacking style, some other teams might be slow to adapt.

In the form of his life right now. Against Southampton and Wigan he was a joy to watch. He's the most consistent of all our attacking players, and his stats this season are off the charts.

IS the answer - - TOO IMPORTANT and absoloute world class player and there are few in our country despite what the media will have people believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back