How Important is Baines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, last Season he was much better, which is amazing considering how good hes been this Year.

Best LB in World Football??

I think so.

Easy.

Cole? Ha.

Abidal? Past it... even before the illness.

Marcelo? Not the same ability with the ball.

Evra? Ditto.

The boy Lahm is a similar type of player.

Not the same delivery at all but yeah, Lahm is a player. Versatile, endless stamina, comfortable on the ball. Ace.

That is what separates Baines though -- his ability with the ball. It's just odd to have so much ability going forward as a defender, I suppose.

WHAT ABOUT JOSE ENRIQUE FFS

To be fair I really rated Enrique before he went to the RS. I remember praising him either on here or on NSNO years ago and getting laughed at and told he was a championship player.

He's excellent and was a great buy for them.

But I facepalm every time my RS mates try to say he's even on the same level as Leighton.

b9cm9.png

I think this ends the argument for a lot of people.

"we need to sell (players name)"

"why?"

"Because he keeps scoring all the goals and not letting anyone else do it"

"I know, what a knob"

You could say the same for a huge amount of teams with their best players who create their opportunities. It's nonsense. We would of created much more had we had Baines playing.

*sigh*

You're missing the point. There have been plenty of matches this season where we have depended almost wholly on attacking down the left with Baines, and after he arrived Pienaar. Although using them makes sense because they are two of our most creative players it also leads to our play becoming predictable.

It doesn't matter what team you are, or what players you have, the top sides _never_ simply attack down one side of the pitch.

Barcelona don't just win games because of Messi, Madrid don't just win games because of C.Ronaldo, and United don't just win games because of Rooney.

Baines is a top, TOP player and nobody is disputing that. What people are saying is that today and the game two weeks ago highlight that we can create chances and switch up our play effectively, it's now down to David Moyes to utilise all of our players and all of the pitch, rather than just passing it to Baines at every opportunity.

*sigh*

You're missing the point. There have been plenty of matches this season where we have depended almost wholly on attacking down the left with Baines, and after he arrived Pienaar. Although using them makes sense because they are two of our most creative players it also leads to our play becoming predictable.

It doesn't matter what team you are, or what players you have, the top sides _never_ simply attack down one side of the pitch.

Barcelona don't just win games because of Messi, Madrid don't just win games because of C.Ronaldo, and United don't just win games because of Rooney.

Baines is a top, TOP player and nobody is disputing that. What people are saying is that today and the game two weeks ago highlight that we can create chances and switch up our play effectively, it's now down to David Moyes to utilise all of our players and all of the pitch, rather than just passing it to Baines at every opportunity.

I'm not missing any point at all because there is 'no point' to take into account. It's nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back