• 1-2 years

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • 2-4 years

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I like it even when we're crap.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • What's the point. I'll get into snooker instead.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems bad now but we knew it would be because of the state of the squad and the financial restraints placed on us by the leagues rules coupled with playing catch up for 2 years of being banned from signing players at academy level.

But a team in our position, floating around in that section just off the big X (X being whatever sky determine to be the number of top teams in any given year), it can be as big as a complete overhaul of players and staff, or as small as 1 good window and 1 or 2 solid additions, to make a difference.

At full strength, and with a couple of key positions strengthened, we could easily push a number of top teams. The league itself is a complete basket case, it's not just us. Outside of the suspiciously superior athleticism of the perennial top 2, who regularly defy the laws of medical recovery and Peak physical fitness, there is noone that we should truly fear, and the league is wide open waiting for someone to take that chance.

Had we not lost the majority of our 1st team in a disastrous 2 month spell, we would be right up there, but beyond our starting 11, we are very threadbare, and that coupled with some bad luck, poor decision making, generally wasteful play and the inevitable lack of confidence that poor results and an inability to field a consistent team and formation brings, we have inevitably dropped off.

Everyone is in doom mode at the moment, and maybe thats fair given the nature of recent results. But I do think there have been overreactions, just as there were when started well.

We need to finish clearing out some of the expensive deadwood and we need to get to a place where we are stable enough to bring youngsters in. And for those people calling for them to start every week as we are now, maybe it's an option, but in the current toxic environment, it can also be 1 sure fire way to finish a player before they even get going.

I expect to see a big turnover of players in the next 12 months or so, at minimum outlay, perhaps with a few younger prospects coming in, and maybe a few reliable older players who won't break the bank, just as we have done recently, and that could make a huge difference.

It would certainly make a difference from signing ready made stars that don't want to be here for any other reason than money.

Last edited:
It won’t unless the current culture is eradicated. Too many are invested in that either benefiting from it directly or emotionally invested in it from the outside and with a stadium on the way chances are that will cement the people responsible further. A tough job.

Status
Not open for further replies.