How many points will we get this season

How many points will we get this season?

• 57 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 58 points

• 59 points

• 60 points

• 61 points

• 62 points

• 63 points

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 64 points

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • 65 points

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 66 points

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 67 points

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 68 points

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 69 points

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 70 points

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • 71+ points

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interesting piece in the Telgraph this morning.

This season Everton's formula has been blindingly simple. They have beaten, almost without exception, every team they have been expected to overcome. Of the nine sides that are challenging for either the Champions League or a Uefa Cup place, City are the only team Everton have beaten. They have taken 40 points from the Premier League's 10 other clubs.

Their run-in is made up of five matches against the first group of teams, against whom Everton average 0.83 points per game, and six against the also-rans, against whom they average 2.66 points. If Everton progress at their present rate, they will finish with 70.

Apparently 70 points has been good enough for 4th spot in all but one of the seasons in PL history.

Without major injuries, 71 spot on. Still possibly come down to goal difference (thus anger at penalties not given).

Time of the year to start doing the BBC Predictor thing obsessively...

I went for 65, but that's with a defeat in the Anfield derby.

I reckon 67 points will be enough for CL qualification.

I know every game is massive at this stage, but truely one game which I think people are overlooking and could amongst the top-3 importance-wise of them all is the away match at Fulham. Year after year we have gone down there, played scrapily, and been sent home with nothing. This year we have a better chance than ever to go there and get a result, and if we can manage that then I'll believe that the players believe they will do it.

I think we will. I'm good for 70 myself. We will have a miscue somewhere and perhaps a surprise so that should even out. I like our chances for fourth at the moment we seem to be playing some good football with players hungry to be apart of the squad.

I think we will. I'm good for 70 myself. We will have a miscue somewhere and perhaps a surprise so that should even out. I like our chances for fourth at the moment we seem to be playing some good football with players hungry to be apart of the squad.

Bloody hell TBM what a bunch of optimists we've become mate:lol::lol::lol:

i must admit after beating man city i did have a damn good look at the league table.

for me i think man utd look like they are on a role which will take them to the title.

arsenal look shakey and beatable , so i can see them dropping points in 3 or 4 of there final games.we also have to play them at goodison.
chelsea , look stronger than they did at the start of the season.but again chelsea look beatable and we have to play them at goodison.

then theres the teams below us..

liverpool , they look steadyish but dont look 'the real deal' like we do.we also have to play them and to be honest i think will will show them up.

villa man city and portsmouth (2 of which we still play) will only move above us if we start to let standards slip.

the fact is the ball is in evertons court.the prem title may be just out of reach but our fate is in our own hands when it comes to 4th spot.without a doubt , this season , we have shown we are capable and if we dont get fourth it would be becouse we blew it when it really mattered.

Portsmouth...3
Sunderland...3
Fulham...3
West Ham...3
Liverpool...?
Derby...3
Birmingham...3
Chelsea...?
Aston Villa...?
Arsenal... ?
Newcastle ...3

i think its quite reasonable to say we have a realistic target of 21 points , judging by form .

then with the games against liverpool aston villa arsenal and chelsea , not only is that another potential 12 points , but a loss could cost us 4th but a win could even put us in line for the title (not gonna happen though unless man utd and arsenal implode)

i think we will defo get 21 points , the question is are we good enough to beat the 4 teams listed above ? .......do you know what ? ...... currently , i think we are.

we should just take each game as it comes though.3 points against pompey would be a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back