Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefeated and not conceded a single goal in 6 games.
That is one very valid interpretation of the data.

Man Utd fans seem to have a distinctly different view if the loud boos at the end of recent home matches are any indication. Possibly based on different expectations.

@sportingintel: As Hugh McIlvanney highlighted last weekend, Alex Ferguson didn't have a single 0-0 in his last 116 mufc games. Been five 0-0s in last nine.

Man Utd fans seem to have a distinctly different view if the loud boos at the end of recent home matches are any indication. Possibly based on different expectations.

@sportingintel: As Hugh McIlvanney highlighted last weekend, Alex Ferguson didn't have a single 0-0 in his last 116 mufc games. Been five 0-0s in last nine.
maybe now they might want a striker in the squad.

oh yeah, different expectations...what Ferguson brought was success and lovely football, he deserves to be remembered as among the very best in the world. Van Gaal is a results man who clings to the (false) idea he created modern tiki-taka 15 years ago. He's like a more arrogant Sam Allardyce who's dice just got really lucky.

Still, not conceding a goal in your last 6 home games isn't just one way of interpreting it, it's evidence of a really sound defence game. If the attack clicks and the rest holds, then the fans will easily forget their booing.

Still, not conceding a goal in your last 6 home games isn't just one way of interpreting it, it's evidence of a really sound defence game. If the attack clicks and the rest holds, then the fans will easily forget their booing.
i hate this logic though

from what i've seen part of the reason they are so solid is because they take zero risks in possession. i don't see how theyll start scoring more without taking more risks. they don't have a messi or barca/bayern level of team not to.

let's not forget that this is his 2nd year either. Their attack is taking a long time to click.

i hate this logic though

from what i've seen part of the reason they are so solid is because they take zero risks in possession. you need to take risks to score and once you start taking risks you're more vulnerable at the back

let's not forget that this is his 2nd year either. Their attack is taking a long time to click.

Sound logic that...Ferguson's team always took risks and were very often rewarded. Seems like Van Gaal is playing the George Graham game (1-0 to the Arsenal). Hardly revolutionary but the fans were utterly spoilt with Ferguson's era.

Not sure they will with such poor football even if the goals come a little more frequently, of which there is no sign currently.

I personally hope not...the last thing we need is another dominant Man Utd era, the game could do with them having a long dry period (much like how the game benefitted after that other previously-dominant red team went perma-dry around 1990).

Sound logic that...Ferguson's team always took risks and were very often rewarded. Seems like Van Gaal is playing the George Graham game (1-0 to the Arsenal). Hardly revolutionary but the fans were utterly spoilt with Ferguson's era.

Other teams just knew that if you let a Fergie team have space, they would destroy you, so played accordingly. These days, you couldnt care less how much space they have cos they seem incapable of doing anything with speed and penetration.

I personally hope not...the last thing we need is another dominant Man Utd era, the game could do with them having a long dry period (much like how the game benefitted after that other previously-dominant red team went perma-dry around 1990).
Oh agree from our perspective but if I was a Utd fan I'd be with the plotters and waving the pitchforks!

The Wolfburg game could be interesting - if they get knocked out of the CL, after already being out of the league cup, the pressure will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back