Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arresting the decline at ManU has seen a few odd moves, apparently its a lack of CL football that has required big money to be throw around to attract supposed star players - those big contracts need justifying, especially to the top earners already there and to the lesser earners that appear to have dropped down the pecking order.
This for me is where the Jones contract comes into play, the attitide seems to be 'we cant alienate the players we already have that we rely upon already, so the transfer splurge and wages fiasco we've thrown around will have to be extended to the rest of the squad'.

To keep all the squad onside (unless they've been shipped out a la Nani) I can see the logic (in a cockeyed way) but what happens if they are successful, even if that only means a CL place for next season - where is there to go for them on the books to drive ambition or reward success. If they end up paying the lot of them the Rooney wages it'll be some cheques they're writing every month, and his lordship (Wayne) will want more because he's the heartbeat/fulcrum/superstar of the side. (At least in his mind and that of whoever gave him his current contract).

Who you calling stupid?

manu-wwe.jpg

I bloody can't stand utd. I hope they do a Liverpool and finish outside the European places for a few years on the spin.

What anoys me more than anything is this theory that United "do it the right way"....compared to City & Chelsea.

Man United are the whore's of football, they will sponsor anything. You can get a list of their sponsors, its a joke, they will take money for anything.

Sorry, but that is no worse than what City & Chelsea have done.
Just like barca are mes que un club its frankly bollocks

Last edited:
Arresting the decline at ManU has seen a few odd moves, apparently its a lack of CL football that has required big money to be throw around to attract supposed star players - those big contracts need justifying, especially to the top earners already there and to the lesser earners that appear to have dropped down the pecking order.
This for me is where the Jones contract comes into play, the attitide seems to be 'we cant alienate the players we already have that we rely upon already, so the transfer splurge and wages fiasco we've thrown around will have to be extended to the rest of the squad'.

To keep all the squad onside (unless they've been shipped out a la Nani) I can see the logic (in a cockeyed way) but what happens if they are successful, even if that only means a CL place for next season - where is there to go for them on the books to drive ambition or reward success. If they end up paying the lot of them the Rooney wages it'll be some cheques they're writing every month, and his lordship (Wayne) will want more because he's the heartbeat/fulcrum/superstar of the side. (At least in his mind and that of whoever gave him his current contract).

It's interesting that despite it being quite clear that a number of their players are up for sale, and they need to trim their huge squad, they haven't shifted many of them at all. Giggs, Ferdinand and Vidic were all at the end of their contract, and Evra went for a very small fee.

There haven't been many takers for the other fringe members of their squad, and you do wonder if their wages aren't a major factor in that.

phil jones is alright, think he's udnerated, but united overspent massively on him, he's kind of the sound versatile defender they need that will be backup. was their only defender who didn't look totally useless vs swansea, but he should be a rotation player.

What about it?
TH has been and continues to be a loyal, one-club player and at nothing even remotely close to the barm-pot money they're paying Jones for being a third-choice centre-back and second-choice fullback. TH knows his limitations when he plays hence his forward runs only tend to happen when he's sure he's covered... Jones at times is like a headless chicken.
Lets offer a two year contract to a player because he is dead loyal. New and improved contracts should be given out to those players who deserve it, based on performances and that alone. Loyalty my arse. Offering Tony a new contract was like throwing money away for me.

.... and what was that about headless chicken ?

What anoys me more than anything is this theory that United "do it the right way"....compared to City & Chelsea.

Man United are the whore's of football, they will sponsor anything. You can get a list of their sponsors, its a joke, they will take money for anything.

I agree with your sentiments but I am thinking you mean "no better than what City and Chelsea have done" :)

n
Lets offer a two year contract to a player because he is dead loyal. New and improved contracts should be given out to those players who deserve it, based on performances and that alone. Loyalty my arse. Offering Tony a new contract was like throwing money away for me.

.... and what was that about headless chicken ?
not sure tony hibbert is dead yet! If he is no wonder he isn't getting a game!

n

not sure tony hibbert is dead yet! If he is no wonder he isn't getting a game!
Who knows where he is. Our top right back wasn't at 100% and was gracing the bench at Leicester. We had a 20 year old CB playing out of position to cover. Tony still got paid though, so its fine.

Isn't that more the fault of those that throw the money at them, I don't know if United openly tout these companies, but they are a business, it's their reason to exist to make money, not turn it away.

Isn't that more the fault of those that throw the money at them, I don't know if United openly tout these companies, but they are a business, it's their reason to exist to make money, not turn it away.

They do pitch to these companies, for these links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back