Votes: 121 34.6%
  • 7-9

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 124 35.4%
  • 1-3

Votes: 42 12.0%

• Total voters
I don't think there is any chance that we get all of them back when the league is so keen on making a stance. I'd be stunned / devastated if we didn't get 4-6 back though. Only problem then is whether we get similar again along with Forest.

I hope we get the points back we didn’t deserve a sporting sanction. I just can’t see it happening. The premier league won’t want to look weak and the not so independent commission will decide what ever the premier league tell them to decide.

Unfortunately this is an opinion I share. At best I think they'll suspend the second penalty

If the decision was based purely on logic and common sense, then all ten points would be reinstated. Unfortunately, logic is overruled by ego and poor old common sense met with a tragic death many eons ago.
Our best hope is some kind of compromise (in the eyes of the power brokers), and like a scolded child, we should be expected to be grateful for their generous mercy.

Nothing coming back our way, there just giggling themselves away now that we've now lost more cash on an appeal, and there coming back for us...
( the only possibility we get, say 1-3pts back, is to try and look good and that they know that they will be getting that back again soon anyway )

Digging there own grave now they have started it

By then the political backlash will be much stronger. Richard Masters has to provide the minutes on Thursday or disappear forever.
This is now as much of a consideration for the Prem as our alleged crime.

The Premier League’s actions will now all be about protecting their brand and product. Things have gone a bit pear shaped since kicking us in the nuts suited their tough guy image.

Their internal discussions won’t be about fairness and sporting integrity, it will be about the best outcome for the Prem and how they can spin it (or how their tame mates in the press and Sly Sports can spin it for them)

Anyone who believes the Prem are just sitting back, waiting for a completely ‘independent commission” to decide the outcome, free of any influence, need to have urgent head wobbling lessons.

They won’t want the protests to continue, that ruins the carefully choreographed TV presentation where everything is supposedly amazing and it’s live !

The House of Commons committee enquiry is an added problem for them that needs careful management. It’s good for us that it’s happening at the same time as our appeal. The Prem know that the spotlight is on them and that they could be held accountable in a political media focus they don’t control.

They will also be aware that problematic Man City and Chelsea cases are eventually coming at them.

Ideally they would want all these things to go away, but still come out looking good. They also need to consider that Forest have to go through the same process, so won’t want to open the same wound again.

They could choose to make the first independent commission the villains, they obviously couldn’t comment at the time blah blah. Justice has now been served and we recognise that clearer guidelines are required and we will agree these with the clubs in the summer. Not fair on the fans, who are everything etc = good outcome for us and probable stern warning with reduced, or partially suspended points deduction / transfer ban.

City and Chelsea ain’t gonna complain. Any Sheffield, Luton, Burnley complaints, unfortunately = pffft (who are ya ?) no lasting brand damage there.

I can’t see an outcome that serves the Prem’s damage limitation objectives, whereby the existing penalty stands. They would have to adopt the Post Office exec training manual to end up there.

This is now as much of a consideration for the Prem as our alleged crime.

The Premier League’s actions will now all be about protecting their brand and product. Things have gone a bit pear shaped since kicking us in the nuts suited their tough guy image.

Their internal discussions won’t be about fairness and sporting integrity, it will be about the best outcome for the Prem and how they can spin it (or how their tame mates in the press and Sly Sports can spin it for them)

Anyone who believes the Prem are just sitting back, waiting for a completely ‘independent commission” to decide the outcome, free of any influence, need to have urgent head wobbling lessons.

They won’t want the protests to continue, that ruins the carefully choreographed TV presentation where everything is supposedly amazing and it’s live !

The House of Commons committee enquiry is an added problem for them that needs careful management. It’s good for us that it’s happening at the same time as our appeal. The Prem know that the spotlight is on them and that they could be held accountable in a political media focus they don’t control.

They will also be aware that problematic Man City and Chelsea cases are eventually coming at them.

Ideally they would want all these things to go away, but still come out looking good. They also need to consider that Forest have to go through the same process, so won’t want to open the same wound again.

They could choose to make the first independent commission the villains, they obviously couldn’t comment at the time blah blah. Justice has now been served and we recognise that clearer guidelines are required and we will agree these with the clubs in the summer. Not fair on the fans, who are everything etc = good outcome for us and probable stern warning with reduced, or partially suspended points deduction / transfer ban.

City and Chelsea ain’t gonna complain. Any Sheffield, Luton, Burnley complaints, unfortunately = pffft (who are ya ?) no lasting brand damage there.

I can’t see an outcome that serves the Prem’s damage limitation objectives, whereby the existing penalty stands. They would have to adopt the Post Office exec training manual to end up there.
I am hopeful (probably naively) that the PL washes its hands of the whole situation and put out some type of statement recognizing the one-time grace period that Covid will allow for, which has had a multi-year effect on many teams and make an exception for any PSR violations that have taken place in the past 3 years and that more specific rule changes will be adopted moving forward into the 2024-25 season.

Or they will dock us another 10 points and make us hire back Benitez and Steve Walsh.

We may get a reduction of the original penalty - it probably depends on well our legal eagle presented our case - but we won't get all 10 points back.

It would set a precedent and how could they then impose a points deduction for any future PSR offence of the same nature?