Howard gets US call-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrottel

Player Valuation: £35m
Tim Howard has also been called up for international duty overseas this Wednesday in the squad for the US-Mexico friendly, which seems to have flown under the radar a bit with the kerfuffle about the ANC and the Qatar match.

You going, TX, seeing as its in your town?

Do the Yanks have friendlies with the Mexicans, remember the Alamo.

As far as the team is concerned it just keeps on coming doesn't it, can Howard refuse not that he should because this is all part and parcel of international football.

Beggar the thought of him getting injured because I am no great fan of Wessels

This isn't going to be during our league campaign as well is it? We'll be developing our own 'Axis of Evil' at this rate. Current incumbants: South Africa, Nigeria, Australia.

Try Wednesday Bruce but we cannot stop him mate, we wouldn't stop an Englishman or Scot would we

Tim Howard has also been called up for international duty overseas this Wednesday in the squad for the US-Mexico friendly, which seems to have flown under the radar a bit with the kerfuffle about the ANC and the Qatar match.

You going, TX, seeing as its in your town?

Got tickets at roughly midfield, section 300. Pefect for viewing.

When the USA and Mexico get together, it's never a "friendly."

I haven't seen who's been called up for this specific match for the USA but Mexico didn't hold back and is bringing most of their top players. I would expect Bradley to do likewise.

I went to the match between the two four years ago and they sold it out. This one should be a sellout as well.

Bradley is cool with players. He often lets the players in Europe stay with their clubs during international friendlies.

USA V mexico is one international fixture i'd love to watch. as TX said they are always tasty affairs and the atmosphere on the box in previous matches looks awsome.

i'm jealous! i watched korea play chile last week, but i'm waiting for a world cup qualifying draw that puts korea v japan. international 'derbies' are always worth the ticket price!

have fun at the match TX and cheer on timmy for us!

When is it? Being a bit dense tonight but can't find out a time it's on. Should be able to get a stream as I'm in the UK and only have Freeview.

Bradley is cool with players. He often lets the players in Europe stay with their clubs during international friendlies.

I'd be cheesed if he did that for this match as:

1) It's against archrival Mexico
2) It's on national televison
3) I'm gonna be there.

I don't want to see a full MLS based team in this. I want to see our FIRST TEAM.

The match is Wednesday night, 9pm EDT on ESPN2 I believe.

Now we're cooking with gas !!!

Here's the roster for Mexico:

Player Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Birth Date Caps/G Hometown Club
Adu, Freddy M 5’8” 140 6/2/1989 2/0 Potomac, Md. SL Benfica (Portugal)
Altidore, Josmer F 6’1” 175 11/6/1989 2/0 Boca Raton, Fla. New York Red Bulls (MLS)
Bocanegra, Carlos D 6'0 170 5/25/1979 53/8 Alto Loma, Calif. Fulham FC (England)
Bradley, Michael M 6’2” 175 7/31/1987 14/1 Cedar Grove, N.J. SC Heerenveen (Holland)
Clark, Ricardo M 5’10” 150 5/10/1983 11/1 Jonesboro, Ga. Houston Dynamo (MLS)
Convey, Bobby M 5'8 150 5/27/1983 45/1 Philadelphia, Pa. Reading FC (England)
Corrales, Ramiro D 6’1” 170 3/12/1977 5/0 Salinas, Calif. SK Brann (Norway)
Davis, Brad M 5’11” 165 11/8/1981 3/0 St. Charles, Mo. Houston Dynamo (MLS)
Dempsey, Clint F 6’1” 170 3/9/1983 36/9 Nacogdoches, Texas Fulham FC (England)
Donovan, Landon F 5'8 148 3/4/1982 97/35 Redlands, Calif. Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS)
Edu, Maurice M 6’0” 170 4/18/1986 2/0 Fontana, Calif. Toronto FC (MLS)
Feilhaber, Benny M 5’9” 150 1/19/1985 14/2 Irvine, Calif. Derby County (England)
Guzan, Brad GK 6’4” 210 9/9/1984 5/0 Homer Glen, Ill. Chivas USA (MLS)
Holden, Stuart M 5'10" 160 08/01/85 0/0 Houston, Texas Houston Dynamo (MLS)
Howard, Tim GK 6’3” 210 3/6/1979 26/0 North Brunswick, N.J. Everton FC (England)
Lewis, Eddie M/D 5'10 155 5/17/1974 73/8 Cerritos, Calif. Derby County (England)
Moor, Drew D 6’0” 170 1/15/1984 3/0 Dallas, Texas FC Dallas (MLS)
Noonan, Pat F 6’0” 170 8/2/1980 14/1 Ballwin, Mo. Aalesund FK (Norway)
Onyewu, Oguchi D 6’4” 210 5/13/1982 28/2 Olney, Md. Standard de Liege (Belgium)
Parkhurst, Michael D 5’11” 155 1/24/1984 3/0 Providence, R.I. New England Revolution (MLS)
Pearce, Heath D 5’10” 175 8/13/1984 10/0 Modesto, Calif. Hansa Rostock (Germany)
Robinson, Eddie D 6’1” 195 6/19/1978 1/1 Greensboro, N.C. Houston Dynamo (MLS)

ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Tim Howard (Everton FC)
DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Ramiro Corrales (SK Brann), Drew Moor (FC Dallas), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Eddie Robinson (Houston Dynamo)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Bobby Convey (Reading FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Eddie Lewis (Derby County)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (New York Red Bulls), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Pat Noonan (Aalesund FK)

Interesting to see Stuart Holden get a call up. He had a very good year last year with Houston. Couple of other Dynamo players in Davis, Robinson, & Clark.

Of those four, I think Clark has a real chance of being a main contributor to the team over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
TX, let us have a report on Michael Bradley if he plays, I suspect he's going to land on our books in the summer mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back