Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said in the game thread that he made three good saves and then missed the fourth - that he absolutely should have made - and has low confidence. I have also said he is off form. I have not had "excuses" for his form, I even noted his form was different for his national team vs. Everton, but apparently you keep wanting me to write them.

I don't want to pile on him, and I don't hate him. I also still think there are other players we need more than a GK.

Excuses my ass. Just because I don't think we need to go spend 10 million pounds on a GK doesn't mean I think it's all rainbows and unicorns with Tim Howard right now. He is off form. What else do you want me to say?

P.S. And I hope you're giving our back line as much grief, because they are just as culpable right now. Howard has a role, don't get me wrong, but our CBs aren't helping.

You have a go at me whenever I have a go at Howard, hence the 'excuses'.

And yes, I've given Heitinga a go in the Heitinga thread, wanting Duffy to come in too. But this is the Howard thread...

Lets not go crazy- he still makes decent saves that other keepers would struggle with.

My biggest concern is crosses into the box where he often finds himself in no mans land- looking at that goal again yesterday it was right near the goal when he headed it- shoudl have smashed all in front of him and cleared it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back