Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton, Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its how I feel. Its nothing new.

I want to see us win something and this selection shows the manager isn't on the same page. Its disrespectful to the supporters travelling down there as well.
It's still something I just totally don't get, the idea that the League Cup is something we'll win if we simply try hard.

Normally i'm with you, but with the Euros this past summer, Richy's crazy summer, etc, etc, I'm ok giving these guys a break. This team should be good enough to beat Huddersfield Town. If we lose, we lose, but I'm not arsed punting on this one. If nothing else, it gets fringe players into the season - it's good of morale for as many players as possible to feel they are part of things early on, and this is a good way to do that

FA Cup is another story, would like to see more of our team starting. In this specific circumstance, i'm ok with it.

I'm not ok with us going 26 years without winning anything and then showing we dont really care by making 9 changes. We are away to a championship club. Not home to some league 2 side.

More changes to the starting line up than I'd like to see. I'd prefer to play a stronger side from the start and get in a winning position and then bring three off before the hour.
Kenny has had the first team minutes in the Bundesliga and at Celtic, Nkounkou has been sat waiting for a start for a while, Kean has his chance to show what he can do. Hope they all play well now that they've been given a start.
Looks like 5-4-1?

As a Norwegian I concur!

It's still something I just totally don't get, the idea that the League Cup is something we'll win if we simply try hard.

I've never said we will win it simply by playing our best team.

But we absolutely have zero chance of winning it if we make 9 changes and play players who should be nowhere near the starting 11.

I've never said we will win it simply by playing our best team.

But we absolutely have zero chance of winning it if we make 9 changes and play players who should be nowhere near the starting 11.
I'd argue we've taken it from .02% to .01%. So we're worse off but does it even matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.