Transfer Rumour Hugo Ekitike

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a general comment, in relation to us signing young Strikers, everybody always mentions Kean, nobody thinks Lukaku.

But yes, he has a worse record than Moise Kean for PSG, but he also didnt really get as many minutes.

Squad: 37, Starting eleven: 12, Substituted in: 13, On the bench: 12, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0

Squad: 30, Starting eleven: 22, Substituted in: 4, On the bench: 4, Suspended: 0, Injured: 2
I was just commenting on how few goals he scored in a farmers league, playing for a side head & shoulders above the rest. When even Kean was scoring regularly there. Just to say, don't expect him to hit the ground running straight away. Hope he gets a chance if we sign him before we run him out of town like normal.

He could play left/ right/ front

If you believe everything you read on Transfermarkt, he's played 62 first team games - 58 of them as a striker, 4 of them on the left wing - none whatsoever on the right

His highlights and build etc suggest he's v much a focal point striker

If you are a young player with potential and want premier league game time, then we are still a good choice.

We have to be happy to be used as the stepping stone, like with Stones, like with Lukaku, and like will probably happen with Onana in 12-24 months as well.

I have no idea if there is any truth to this, and my instinct is that it's probably not likely. But we need to start selling the career progression angle here to players. Come here, play regularly, improve your game over 2-3 seasons, and your big move will come. We will get a good fee, but we will let you go

If you are a young player with potential and want premier league game time, then we are still a good choice.

We have to be happy to be used as the stepping stone, like with Stones, like with Lukaku, and like will probably happen with Onana in 12-24 months as well.

I have no idea if there is any truth to this, and my instinct is that it's probably not likely. But we need to start selling the career progression angle here to players. Come here, play regularly, improve your game over 2-3 seasons, and your big move will come. We will get a good fee, but we will let you go
Reckon we are a harder sell due uneasy relationship between board and fans. Also recent relegation and manager changes wont help.

Reckon we are a harder sell due uneasy relationship between board and fans. Also recent relegation and manager changes wont help.
I'm not sure if players really care too much about how fans view their board and owner etc. We certainly aren't the only club to think negatively towards our leadership.

Players will get support here from the fans as long as they put in their best effort. You don't get an atmosphere like we had against Bournemouth at many other stadiums in european football.

It was a general comment, in relation to us signing young Strikers, everybody always mentions Kean, nobody thinks Lukaku.

But yes, he has a worse record than Moise Kean for PSG, but he also didnt really get as many minutes.

Squad: 37, Starting eleven: 12, Substituted in: 13, On the bench: 12, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0

Squad: 30, Starting eleven: 22, Substituted in: 4, On the bench: 4, Suspended: 0, Injured: 2
Lukaku is a 1 in a million signing for us in terms of a young striker who had pretty much already proved himself in the PL. We got lucky that Chelsea hated and undervalued their quality players at that time (when you think they also had Salah and De Bruyne etc) and that we were solid enough to be seen as a stepping stone with some European exposure. He wasn’t a young striker coming into the league from abroad.

If we use him as a benchmark, nearly every striker is going to fail for us.

In order to sign a player like Ekitiké we would need to move fast and get the deal done quickly before other teams get their bids sorted. The last time Kenwright moved quickly he was in The Rovers Return wolfing down Betty’s hotpot. This looks like a PR job.
I heard he moved like lightning to defend DBB from the headlock.

Oh wait, none of that happened.

I'm not sure if players really care too much about how fans view their board and owner etc. We certainly aren't the only club to think negatively towards our leadership.

Players will get support here from the fans as long as they put in their best effort. You don't get an atmosphere like we had against Bournemouth at many other stadiums in european football.
100%. Just look at united. Fans been protesting against the glazers for years and years.

Status
Not open for further replies.