Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they just put effort into the kit, hell even give us something a bit out there like the 86 one or something, then they'll be alright.

My heart goes out to the young blues of Merseyside having to sport Hummel gear when Liverpool are getting Nike.

My heart goes out to all the young kids out there who are Liverpool fans and are therefore knobheads for life.

Everton fans will buy Everton shirts regardless of if they are made by Armani or Admiral.

Non Everton fans will not buy Everton shirts. The only way anyone would buy one of our shirts is if we become massively successful.
When I was a kid maybe that’s true I always got the Everton top. Am not sure about that anymore tho my little brother is 15 he hasn’t worn an Everton top since Nike he was gutted when we went with Umbro an he definitely won’t put this one on if he wouldn’t Umbro he loves Everton goes the game with me just doesn’t want the tops. Young Lads from Liverpool care about makes.

Sadly we can’t go from a 4 million a year kid deal to USM sponsoring the kit for 30 mill a year. It’s got to be incremental growth. This is a good step forward at a time when other clubs might seriously be taking a step down on future deals. A few years with Hummel and we’re in a better position (hopefully with European football) to increase the amount further.

How is incremental growth calculated, and does it involve placing an arbitrary cap on our sponsorship deals?

I don't agree with this idea that an 8th placed team is unable or disallowed to reach a sponsorship deal that exceeds the amount received by a 4th placed team.

I think supply and demand are the main factors that determine the sponsorship amount, and that Everton can capitalise on a lack of supply when it comes to Premier League football club shirt sponsorship. If all the bigger clubs already have a sponsor, and Everton are the biggest club available, I don't see how we can be mandated to keep our sponsorship within an arbitrary limit that must not exceed that received by any bigger club.

If a telecommunications company pay Chelsea 40 million a season to be a shirt sponsor, then I don't see why Everton would not be allowed to negotiate a similar deal with a similar telecommunication company like Megafon.

How would the arbitrary cap be calculated? No more than 15m? No more than 20m? No more than 30m?

Maybe £18 million would be allowed but £22 million would not?

There are no rules or calculations to abide by in this regard, and therefore I do not believe that Everton and USM have to adhere to an arbitrary cap when it comes to shirt sponsorship negotiations.

Hopefully nice clean and simple designs from them, non of that wacky stuff that looks like its from an 90s acid trip

these are nice

View attachment 87455

Simple and classic OR completely out there IMO

It's the in between can't decide which one it is that are crap, like the last 2 seasons kits with the weird grandad collar and fabric or the stagecoach bus seat like pattern this season.

Sadly we can’t go from a 4 million a year kid deal to USM sponsoring the kit for 30 mill a year. It’s got to be incremental growth. This is a good step forward at a time when other clubs might seriously be taking a step down on future deals. A few years with Hummel and we’re in a better position (hopefully with European football) to increase the amount further.

As I keep saying, we need external money as much as USM money.

How is incremental growth calculated, and does it involve placing an arbitrary cap on our sponsorship deals?

I don't agree with this idea that an 8th placed team is unable or disallowed to reach a sponsorship deal that exceeds the amount received by a 4th placed team.

I think supply and demand are the main factors that determine the sponsorship amount, and that Everton can capitalise on a lack of supply when it comes to Premier League football club shirt sponsorship. If all the bigger clubs already have a sponsor, and Everton are the biggest club available, I don't see how we can be mandated to keep our sponsorship within an arbitrary limit that must not exceed that received by any bigger club.

If a telecommunications company pay Chelsea 40 million a season to be a shirt sponsor, then I don't see why Everton would not be allowed to negotiate a similar deal with a similar telecommunication company like Megafon.

How would the arbitrary cap be calculated? No more than 15m? No more than 20m? No more than 30m?

Maybe £18 million would be allowed but £22 million would not?

There are no rules or calculations to abide by in this regard, and therefore I do not believe that Everton and USM have to adhere to an arbitrary cap when it comes to shirt sponsorship negotiations.

There are rules, fair market value rules apply.

United are paid 75m a year, so thats the fair market value "limit".

As you say, nobody can claim we cant get as much as United.

When I was a kid maybe that’s true I always got the Everton top. Am not sure about that anymore tho my little brother is 15 he hasn’t worn an Everton top since Nike he was gutted when we went with Umbro an he definitely won’t put this one on if he wouldn’t Umbro he loves Everton goes the game with me just doesn’t want the tops. Young Lads from Liverpool care about makes.

At 15 though he is probably growing out of wearing the clubs shirts and is more invested in buying stuff that makes him attractive to girls etc.

Liverpool fans are bad meffs who wear their clubs minty gear to bed because IT MEANS MORE. And they wore all the gear when they didn't have Nike or whatever and had some less cool suppliers (and terrible kits..)

At 15 though he is probably growing out of wearing the clubs shirts and is more invested in buying stuff that makes him attractive to girls etc.

Liverpool fans are bad meffs who wear their clubs minty gear to bed because IT MEANS MORE. And they wore all the gear when they didn't have Nike or whatever and had some less cool suppliers (and terrible kits..)
Your right Liverpool will always sell no matter what make because they have weirdo fully grown men bouncing round in their kits. They all so have loads of wool fans who don’t care about brands.

I will still get this new Everton kit for me two nephews because it’s Everton. I just think a better make would interest the young lads more not even just the kits but the Everton tracksuits an caps an what not.

All that said let’s see anyway they might make a belter kit that everyone loves an as long as Everton are getting a good deal that’s what matters.

It's gona be ill fitting, like a parachute in the wind that will slow our players down, can see it now.

If the manager can make us successful on the pitch then the money can increase incrementally.
We are an old long established team that people all over the world will have heard of but do not take any interest in us because we have been average for so long.

I think there is huge potential to develop a very strong brand.. but it all depends on success on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back