I absolutely could not believe this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't begin to tell you and I wouldn't have a clue of where to look.

Maybe we found a job for one Bruce Wayne.

Has the missus e.mailed in to ESPN requesting more Everton on the top play's, and did she enjoy the way you shot up in bed?

Sounds very train spotting esque to me. :P

First time poster here. I was glad to see Yak make the countdown. One thing that appeals to ESPN is the art of the fake or dummy, especially when the movement ends up putting one or more of the opponent flat on their arses. It represents a level of genius and athleticism that even those who despise football on SportsCenter can appreciate.

Well Fox Soccer Channel have the live rights at the moment and I couldn't find any info on viewing figures from them.

ESPN seem only likely to bid for the US rights if they win the UK rights first.

in that case did they show marco dummying a challenge on the rs which left torres on the deck, or the way the rs doubled up their plays to con the ref and get him sent off ? we get espn here but never watch it cos theres about as much chance of seeing the blues on there as 1st up on motd.....and they have one of our former strikers presenting !!! although he is outnumbered by redshite.

Onslow.

Welcome to GOT and good first post. Long time lurker?

Thanks TX Bill. I've been following Everton with the help of this forum and TW in general for quite some time now.

RBOG: Most of the time, ESPN in the U.S. focus on the exploits of Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and the English subsidiary of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club. Fortunately, I can keep up with Everton through the official site and FSC.

It was a shock to me that someone writing copy at ESPN SportsCenter even knows we exist. Outside the "Big Four," they usually don't bother.

Yakubu's goal, however, was too much for them to resist.

TxBill,

Thanks for the heads up - after I read your post I went downstairs and turned on ESPN to catch the end of the show (it was a rerun of Sports Center from 2 to 3 am). Pretty cool seeing Yak's first two goals highlighted on ESPN (they also made mention of Cahills' flick to Yak for the first goal).

I know Sports Center shows the occasional soccer (football) highlight now and then, but, still - THEY SHOWED EVERTON ON ESPN!!! :)

To give you an example that our friends across the pond might understand, it's like showing the NHL Columbus Blue Jacket highlights on Sky Sports.

I am sure is a big things as well, although I don't live in the US, wish there is similar program in UK as well, but the coverage we get in UK is bad enough, sky always go on about big 4 and BBC is just as bad.

I just can't wait to see us finish in 4th place again, and see what they did say this time round.

i don't watch sportscenter, but a lot of my friends do, friends that don't follow football and i heard from them when they saw the team that i'm always going on about on the show, i couldn't believe it.

to be honest, I am surprised, sure it was an amazing goal but i wouldn't say its the best of our season (for me it's cahill's bike against chelsea), i guess our games gain more publicity in the UEFA cup though. just goes to show the importance of european football.

before i thought Moyes was out of his mind for playing such a strong squad (i understand it for the players that haven't played in a while, but i feel like he could have rested some of our regulars), but I guess he made the right decision, considering the publicity might have earned our club some new fans, and some more revenue.

How can you choose Cahill's overhead kick over the sweet, sweet smooth chocolate that was Osman's goal against Larissa?

So bummed out I missed that! It would have made my fu##in' day. Eventually ESPN will have to acknowledge the marketability of the EPL (as opposed to bowling, billiards, and the ever more pathetic NHL). C'mon Everton!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back