I absolutely could not believe this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Cahill's overhead kick and Carrager's horse collar on Lescott with Clattenberg in the backround saying "excellent" on ESPN.

From what I hear the new director of programming at ESPN is a believer in football. They are bidding on the Prem when the contract is up and they won the rights to EURO 2008 (in 04 you needed a satellite and $189 to see it).

Ratings on FSC for prem matches are anywhere between 250k-600k depending on who's playing. Not bad for morningtime.

TxBill,

Thanks for the heads up - after I read your post I went downstairs and turned on ESPN to catch the end of the show (it was a rerun of Sports Center from 2 to 3 am). Pretty cool seeing Yak's first two goals highlighted on ESPN (they also made mention of Cahills' flick to Yak for the first goal).

I know Sports Center shows the occasional soccer (football) highlight now and then, but, still - THEY SHOWED EVERTON ON ESPN!!! :)

To give you an example that our friends across the pond might understand, it's like showing the NHL Columbus Blue Jacket highlights on Sky Sports.

Glad you saw it.

This isn't the same Eponymous that was on the TW forum a long time ago is it?

Tx Bill,

Yep, same guy - been lurking mostly over at Blue Kipper after the old forum went down. I lurk here occasionally - thought I'd give you props for the ESPN info...

also can anyone find a clip of it online and post a link? i've been looking but can't find it anywhere.

Well I missed the top 10 as well. Don't watch sportcenter as much now days as it has become somewhat irrelevant to me in recent years with all of the shtick. So I scoured the espn site to the best of my ability and coulnd't find it. :( Could say more about my ability however.

I forgot to mention this but I did save that episode to my DVR.

I wouldn't have the first clue on how to extract a video like that to the computer and then post it here. And then I'm sure I'd be violating some sort of copyright laws.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back