Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idrissa Gana Gueye! Hey! Gotta no respect
What-a you t'ink you do? Why you look-a so sad?
He's-a not so bad, Idrissa Gana Gueye!
Ah shaddap-a-you face

Don't get me wrong I like Gana, he served us well and unlike some players who left for bigger clubs I have no issues with him doing better. We both mutually benefited from his time here. However Bayern weren't taking PSG apart - bar the brief spell after half time when they scored - and once they did Gana was not going to be integral to trying to go forward and score a goal. Tuchel may have thought as good as Gana is at tackling, just the movement would be too good to justify a holding midfield who doesn't have CL quality going forward and also hasn't got the height to be of use in set plays.

He is what he is, if you want a player to perform his tasks to a very high standard 9 games out of 10 then he's your man. If you want that bit extra to really stick it to world class teams then he isn't that player.
I don't know he was the best player on the pitch in the group stage against Madrid and that includes on the ball. 93% pass completion, 3 dribbles, an assist, no losses of possession. I'd challenge anyone who thinks he can't play to find some highlights of that performance. This idea that he is a useful player and nothing else is imo down to Everton being largely a poor team around him.

was terrible with the ball, no clever offensive passes, just go steal the ball type of a player. Never like them me

Their biggest game in their history and he sat on the bench while Chupo Mutong came on.

Its really weird how people think he's anything.
Again like, maybe that was wrong? I thought their best performance despite it taking two late goals to win was Atalanta but since they took the chances against RBL Tuchel stuck with that lineup. Neymar finishes and I think it all goes differently and maybe better. I don't rate that Paredes.

Again like, maybe that was wrong? I thought their best performance despite it taking two late goals to win was Atalanta but since they took the chances against RBL Tuchel stuck with that lineup. Neymar finishes and I think it all goes differently and maybe better. I don't rate that Paredes.

Can see him at Villa with Ross yano.

Can see him at Villa with Ross yano.
Nah he will go to someone like Monaco or Marseille if he leaves PSG. Doubt he leaves France again. I know you're only interested in pot stirring here but the amount of people coming in here now who actually think he wasn't good or held us back is a bit concerning.

Nah he will go to someone like Monaco or Marseille if he leaves PSG. Doubt he leaves France again. I know you're only interested in pot stirring here but the amount of people coming in here now who actually think he wasn't good or held us back is a bit concerning.

Weirdly the vaults will show my feelings towards Gana when he was here.

But hey, its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back