2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't have a problem with him on the pitch if he is properly utilized, that means being on the ball as sparingly possible and not assigned with a sitting defensive mid role
Agree he's more of a destructive and pressing eight. Alongside an Onana or Garner fine but on his own and expected to be the pivot to start attacks is madness

I don't have a problem with him on the pitch if he is properly utilized, that means being on the ball as sparingly possible and not assigned with a sitting defensive mid role
Agree he's more of a destructive and pressing eight. Alongside an Onana or Garner fine but on his own and expected to be the pivot to start attacks is madness

Generally agree. In a perfect world he'd be a bench option for when we need a bit of shoring up with an experienced head in games where we need it, ideally a little bit further up the pitch, similar to the impact he had in the Goodison derby. A 'creative' outlet he is not.

Seriously he has been hopeless for Everton in midfield, and is playing well as a nr 10 for Senegal, a far better team than Everton.

Idrissa Gueye has scored 3 premier league goals in over 140 premier league appearances. An average of less than one per season (about 1 in 47).

I really don't think he should play as a number 10. Or anywhere near the opposition goal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.