• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what a report on 90mins is trying to hint at, PSG want us to contribute to his settlement
And considering the max he would recieve from them is 60-70% of his final salary, a 'contribution' wont be that massive in the scheme of things.

Before anyone accuses me of guessing, no one knows the full facts, and deals with this type of problem do get concluded regularly - slightly odd that its getting held up on this I must say.

GIven the above, I cant see anything to suggest Everton are completely off the hook with this. Particularly if they think they have 'bought' the fans off with Onana. If the severence is in the region of 1-2m I think we should pay it.

Last edited:

This feller is being offered a chance to rehabilitate his name at Everton and all he seems to be bothered about is getting a golden handshake off his current club.

I want Gueye in as much as anyone else, but he has to sort this out even if it means he takes a financial loss. That's if he really wants to come here.
He'll be looking at this next move as his last, so like any of us will want to maximise his retirement fund. Nothing wrong with that. It is frustrating though, sitting here, hoping that today is the day on repeat.

Anyway...

...its a no for me on Gana due to the cost and age factors.

I'd much rather we went for someone like Camara. I believe @Tree13 posted that the overall cost of Camara may well be lower than Gana due to the wages and lower annual affect on P&S / FFP.

Even if it may cost a little more its always worth going for good players with huge potential as opposed to quality players on their way down.

Fast forward 2 seasons and we may be able to sell Camara for a profit while Gana may be off on a free.
The point I tried to make (poorly!) was that the rumoured £8m for Gana would equate to £4m p/a in the accounts based on a 2-yr deal (regardless of the actual structure of the payments). Add his wages too (rumoured to be £120k p/w at PSG) and that's a FURTHER £6m p/a. So £10m p/a in accounting terms.

If Camara was £25m (for ease of maths) over a 5-year deal, that's £5m p/a on the books... Provided his wage was no more than £5m p/a (about £97k p/w), he'd ALSO "cost" £10m p/a in accounting terms.

BUT

If we can negotiate the wages down a bit (on either player) the figures change.

We can also negotiate the transfer fees, of course. Given the very much shorter contract for Gana, this seems a sensible approach. Paying £8m for a 32 year old seems a bit off to me, because we won't get any of that £8m back. With Camara however, even if he underwhelms we can probably get a lot of the transfer fee back (look at what we've done with Moise Kean) because he's only 22.

Get Camara on a sensible wage (say £2.6m per year / £50k p/w) and we might only be looking at an accounting figure of £7m or £8m p/a versus Gana at around £10m p/a.

Conversely, get Gana to agree to a lower wage (say £3.75m per year / £75k p/w) or negotiate PSG down a bit on the fee and he becomes more palatable to our budget. I just feel £8m is a significant enough sum that I'd be wary to write it off.

This feller is being offered a chance to rehabilitate his name at Everton and all he seems to be bothered about is getting a golden handshake off his current club.

I want Gueye in as much as anyone else, but he has to sort this out even if it means he takes a financial loss. That's if he really wants to come here.
That’s now how work works!
Ask Branthwaite

I’m sure Everton are extremely frustrated and hopefully looking at alternatives.

This deal was supposed to be sorted last week and I’m sure frank had him penciled in to start against villa.

Why are you condemning a player for holding the club he’s contracted to for a fair pay off when they want rid of him?

Does this rule you apply work to all professions or just footballers?

Why are you condemning a player for holding the club he’s contracted to for a fair pay off when they want rid of him?

Does this rule you apply work to all professions or just footballers?
These are special circumstances. PSG could claim that his actions damage their club's reputation.

Everton are offering him a way out but Gueye seems to want to have his cake and eat it too.

In fairness if somebody owed me £4.5 million I’d be camped out in their carpark
If you were already super rich it'd change matters...also it'd be like getting offered a new job elsewhere with no reduction in wages after you just brought your previous employers into disrepute.

This feller and his agent need to be handed a deadline by Everton and they need to make a decision. He'd be a welcome addition here playing-wise, but Makelele he aint.

Status
Not open for further replies.