2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not great at keeping the ball look at the possession we have each game.
Sloppy passing if rife through this team especially the midfield, the last 2 games we have massively improved but its just 2 games.

We certainly need to be able to protect the ball better.

I think its quite straightforward. When you play Gana and Doucoure the level of energy is high but the positioning and passing levels take a nosedive.

Using Garner and Onana together means that each have a partner with positional understanding and passing ability.

If it was me, id have sold Gomes in the summer (rumoured Saudi fee £4-6mil) and would be aiming to move on Gana in January to the same destination.

Potentially thats £8-10mil and £200k+ a week in wages saved. That money could be used on a young player to rotate in for Garner/Onana which makes more sense to me.

I think its quite straightforward. When you play Gana and Doucoure the level of energy is high but the positioning and passing levels take a nosedive.

Using Garner and Onana together means that each have a partner with positional understanding and passing ability.

If it was me, id have sold Gomes in the summer (rumoured Saudi fee £4-6mil) and would be aiming to move on Gana in January to the same destination.

Potentially thats £8-10mil and £200k+ a week in wages saved. That money could be used on a young player to rotate in for Garner/Onana which makes more sense to me.
Would rather have players we can use than another 2 or 3m banked.

I agree with Zat that Garner/Onana is the pair, but you are exactly right. We would do F all with that money and lose out on some really solid depth in the middle.

Now as for the manager- he needs to put his pride aside and start the best pair (rotating now and again is fine but otherwise). If he feels Harrison isn’t fully fit yet for the weekend, I’d understand. Needs must and all that Garner on the right is understandable. Otherwise it’s an obvious decision. Really it’s on Dyche to make the right call and drop Gana when necessary.

No chance we should be trying to offload him still the best ball winner at the club.

Gana (153) Ony Caiceido (156) and Palhinha (193) made more interceptions and tackles than him in the PL last season he had more than Declan Rice.
Problem he has is his ball distribution but then almost all of Evertons midfield have the same problem.
He might not need to be the best ball winner at the club, if he didn't give it away so cheaply , so often.

I agree with Zat that Garner/Onana is the pair, but you are exactly right. We would do F all with that money and lose out on some really solid depth in the middle.

Now as for the manager- he needs to put his pride aside and start the best pair (rotating now and again is fine but otherwise). If he feels Harrison isn’t fully fit yet for the weekend, I’d understand. Needs must and all that Garner on the right is understandable. Otherwise it’s an obvious decision. Really it’s on Dyche to make the right call and drop Gana when necessary.

We could have got £4-6mil for Gomes in the summer, last rumoured amount was Fenerbahce for £4.3mil and before that Saudi.

Gana in Jan i suspect we could get a similar amount for.

Adam Wharton at Blackburn has been linked and the fees for the above two would cover a substantial amount of his fee.

We could have got £4-6mil for Gomes in the summer, last rumoured amount was Fenerbahce for £4.3mil and before that Saudi.

Gana in Jan i suspect we could get a similar amount for.

Adam Wharton at Blackburn has been linked and the fees for the above two would cover a substantial amount of his fee.
Nope.

Still trying his ridiculous 20-yarders. 3 Everton goals in over 150 appearances. I just don't think the manager has told him not to shoot. In fact, I don't think the manager really works on any tactics apart from the players doing the bleep test.

His shooting is even worse than I remember from his first spell and it was terrible then. Didn’t need him and Onana in midfield at home against Luton. Rightly subbed, doesn’t offer enough when we’re playing a team that lets us have the ball and we have to break them down…which admittedly isn’t very often.

His shooting is even worse than I remember from his first spell and it was terrible then. Didn’t need him and Onana in midfield at home against Luton. Rightly subbed, doesn’t offer enough when we’re playing a team that lets us have the ball and we have to break them down…which admittedly isn’t very often.
I always find his smiling after taking a wayward shot very annoying lol, probably just me that

That shot when Doucoure laid it back. No, no no.
It seems like he does it in most, if not all, games. There's absolutely no reason he should be the midfielder camped on the edge of the box for pullbacks or balls dropping out of the area.

You see him more or less running into the 2 or 3 yards behind Doucore and bunching up the midfield like an accordion. It's so easy to counter.

When he was younger with more pace and energy and concentrated on breaking up play he was very useful. Now he's not as dynamic and seemingly has no positional discipline - he's not even snide enough which is the bare minimum for an ageing DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back