Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has to say 'works hard' as an attribute and not a given, he's lacking in attributes that would make us a top club, as underwhelming a signing as anyone could hope for, that fat headed dutch beaut wouldnt have signed him for soton, what does that say about us?
I think it was on sky yesterday, Kante is the best in the whole of Europe at what he does, this guy was 2nd, in the whole of Europe.
I'll put my neck on the line and say he will be one of the best signing's Everton have made in years. Stats don't lie.

He must be great - Here he is breezing past McGeady, like he wasn't there :coffee:

GettyImages-457720618.jpg
NOBODY breezes past McGeady.

Was just reading the Aston Villa Forum on the lad. They are not choked up about him going but did seem to respect his work. Its hard to think anyone was brilliant or stand out when the team was marred in mediocrity as they were. Need to find threads from the middle of the season as opinions get tainted once players are linked with a move.

I think it was on sky yesterday, Kante is the best in the whole of Europe at what he does, this guy was 2nd, in the whole of Europe.
I'll put my neck on the line and say he will be one of the best signing's Everton have made in years. Stats don't lie.

Stats are great for cricket, or athletics, or baseball. Far too many variables in football to rely on stats. Villa bought players based on stats last season..

That is because his second touch is a tackle!

Stats certainly can lie when it comes to football.

Statistically Tim Howard was better last season than he had been the year before, but anyone who saw him knows that he had declined badly (from a low starting point). Statistically Funes Mori was our best defender, but statistics don't take into account the fact he can't kick with his right foot, nor do they have a category for 'amount of times balls played over shoulder resulted in complete air kick'.

I haven't seen enough of Gueye to have an opinion either way, but it's a relatively inexpensive signing and if Koeman/Walsh think he'll improve us then i'll trust their judgement. I'd wager they're using their eyes to judge him though, rather than his stats.

Stats are great for cricket, or athletics, or baseball. Far too many variables in football to rely on stats. Villa bought players based on stats last season..
You can say stats can be manipulated to lie about everything tbh. You say Villa used stats to buy players as a bad thing but then I could also say Leicester used stats to buy players to make it seem like a great thing. If Koeman and Walsh want him then I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do!

he'll possibly feature for 10 mins or so Saturday

Nearly a week to go to the season starts and I have no idea who will be starting or if one or two player will be added/departed by then,

Going to be a very interesting week leading up to the opener against spurs!

I can't see him being available for tonight? Do we recon he will play Saturday against espanyol?
Depends on if he has a minor wrist injury or not. That could keep him out for months. Honestly with how Koemen apparently rates our midfield, I'd not be surprised one bit if he got a half or so Saturday and potentially started vs. Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back