Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Er not 'everyone'. Believe it or not many fans were prepared to give the lad a chance and didn't write him off before he'd even kicked a ball.
I'm fairly sure @USABlue didn't think that, and I know I didn't. So it's a safe assumption that 'everyone' didn't literally mean 'everyone.' Just 'everyone' that doubted him.

I'm confused what you've taken issue with, that's all.

I'd never heard of him and I'm not particularly into stats, but Kante was my fave player last year and when this lads stats were only second to his, I sat up and took notice. He is a carbon copy and he will be a big fans favourite.

He's been fantastic so far, just what we needed. The days of a midfield enforcer are limited in the Premier League as it's less and less contact so they'd only be suspended half of the time, unless they're like that wee rat Lucas for them who gets away with it.

This lad is perfect for the position, nipping in and taking possession and closing down the opposition with great pressure on the ball. Thing I like most though is how he's always looking to move the ball forward, either by incisive passes or by a dribble himself. He's sat nicely in with Barry very well indeed.

Anyway, only four competitive games in midfield for us so we should swerve getting too excited until he's done it over a period of time.

It is a great feeling to expect that every time Stoke had the ball in midfield with a little space, Gana was going to be flying in from off the screen to break it up shortly.

Thing I like most though is how he's always looking to move the ball forward, either by incisive passes or by a dribble himself. He's sat nicely in with Barry very well indeed.
Yes, this is what I love about him, too. He's got it in him to win possession and drive the team forward. I hesitate to make the comparison - especially this early - but it reminds me of what a player like Vieira would do.

Has a little more guile, more passing ability to his game than what was expected. Always thought he'd be decent at intercepting passes, but the ability to maintain possession and pick the right passes are a bonus (as well as NEVER getting winded despite covering 75% of the pitch).

Love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back