Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
the glorious praise reminds me of the Geri hypetrain last season before he tailed off: "better than Ronaldo lad".

still, the signs are promising that Gana will be more consistent, at least against the smallfry. can't wait to see how he does in big games...got a feeling that if he does well the side as a whole will do well, top 6 is looking a lot more on than it did a month ago.

For me it's the more like McCarthy year 1 with the added ability to pick a pass. It was hard not to sing James' praises that season...he really was everywhere. Always breaking up play and winning balls back. Nowhere near as good going forward though...at least based on the evidence of 4 MOTM performances.

Macca was never as obvious as Gana in his quality...it took a while for the majority to appreciate what he was doing.

The praise for Gana is uniform and instant, he's a lot more swashbuckling.

For me it's the more like McCarthy year 1 with the added ability to pick a pass. It was hard not to sing James' praises that season...he really was everywhere. Always breaking up play and winning balls back. Nowhere near as good going forward though...at least based on the evidence of 4 MOTM performances.

Macca was never as obvious as Gana in his quality...it took a while for the majority to appreciate what he was doing.

The praise for Gana is uniform and instant, he's a lot more swashbuckling.

Yeah...I think his fee and the fact that he was the fourth Wigan player we signed kinda put him at a disadvantage from the jump. Definitely a bigger hill to climb in the minds of many.

Please don't quote me like Zat used to do though...it gives me eye AIDS.

it really is a mobile thing, there's no way to set the curser at the end of the quoted post (unless it's short). Blackberry OS here which is slowly no longer being supported by many www sites.

re: Macca, i'd say Gana has a similar rep-mountain to climb as he also came from a relegated club (and a much worse one than wigan).

Time will tell and all that, but from all the hypetrain players we've had over the last few years Idris looks more likely than most to keep it up. He seems to know what he's doing and that counts for a lot. Big tests await tho'...

Yeah...I think his fee and the fact that he was the fourth Wigan player we signed kinda put him at a disadvantage from the jump. Definitely a bigger hill to climb in the minds of many.

Please don't quote me like Zat used to do though...it gives me eye AIDS.

When you combine them and say we got both Gueye and Bolasie for a total of ~35m it looks a good bit of business.... Maybe we overpaid for Bolasie, but we got Gueye on the cheap and they both have fit into the squad well.

Gueye just an absolute pleasure to watch.

how has this lad gone under the radar until this season. absolutely fantastic player, will be eyed up for 40 odd million in a few years.

Are Villa fans deluded or is Gana just playing miles above what he did last season? I just don't understand how most Villa fans seemed so indifferent with him leaving. He has been by far, our player of the season so far.

Are Villa fans deluded or is Gana just playing miles above what he did last season? I just don't understand how most Villa fans seemed so indifferent with him leaving. He has been by far, our player of the season so far.

Hard to say...TBF to Villa fans we have fans that don't rate Rom at all.

That said, and also to be fair of their assessment, I don't remember him in a Villa shirt at all...or when he was at Lille when we played them and he played.

Getting him on the (in today's money) cheap would suggest he hasn't been THIS player. I guess Walsh might know what he's doing.

A huge majority of Blues were expecting an awful player just because he came from villa . The fact that he has been outstanding in EVERY GAME has helped the hype for him . It's the best start to an Everton career that I can remember in nearly 25 years of consistantly going the game ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back