Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Villa fans deluded or is Gana just playing miles above what he did last season? I just don't understand how most Villa fans seemed so indifferent with him leaving. He has been by far, our player of the season so far.

He does a lot better for us - was pretty anonymous for Villa i a [Poor language removed] side last season

What's the story with this bloke then? Good start to his Everton career, but basically just put his feet up and watched Villa get relegated last year.

Best mate is a Villa fan and he's tearing his hair out at Gana's efforts thus far for us - I think he's pretty resigned to the fact that they are a basket case and have a lot of work ahead to get anything EPL-worthy out of their players.

I mean, statistically he was good for them last season, but in our squad he looks a world beater.

What's the story with this bloke then? Good start to his Everton career, but basically just put his feet up and watched Villa get relegated last year.

His stats last year he was second best in tackles interceptions in the league - only behind Kante.

I think many Evertonians, myself included, were doubtful, given how much Villa would have had to defend last term (so always was going to have to put in more tackles than most) but apparently his performances were, on the whole, very good. With better players around him he's looking excellent. Hope it continues.

That lad is a joy to watch, he intercepts, he passes, he presses forward, he creates......and he never stops running........

Last edited:

I really just want him in so many ways. The way he is the smallest guy on the pitch but the most effective is wonderful, he was everywhere last night. We used to have Leon Osman as the game's smallest fella, and his highlights were basically daisycutters from 20 yards that roll to the goalkeeper at all of around 3 miles per hour. Gueye, what a signing. Easily worth 5 times what we paid for him. I'm not comparing them, but United paid 100m for Pogba and he's done nothing so far this season, whereas Gueye has been phenominal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back