Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
....terrific, popping up like that in the box is the extra dimension you should get from a top flight defensive midfielder. You can't help but love his attitude and ability.

I actually thought he took it upon himself eggs to really grab the game by the scruff of the neck 2nd half and take the fight to utd. Like you said, he popped up about 4/5 times in positions you wouldn't expect and earned us the pen.

I thought Barry also played far better 2nd half with Gueye ahead of him more. Kept it simple and found space to get the ball rolling

I actually thought he took it upon himself eggs to really grab the game by the scruff of the neck 2nd half and take the fight to utd. Like you said, he popped up about 4/5 times in positions you wouldn't expect and earned us the pen.

I thought Barry also played far better 2nd half with Gueye ahead of him more. Kept it simple and found space to get the ball rolling

...he's high energy but he can play as well. Outstanding performance.

ive never been a fan of barry as i prefer 1 dm whose high energy...barry isnt and also not box to box or a playmaker.

we over compinsate to have barry play.

gueye needs davies or barkley next to him

he deserves to be surrounded by less dross than right now. Hope we can actually put a good team around him because he will be a joy to watch in a strong competitive winning team.

him and Besic have got that fight in them that Goodison loves to see. Hope we get to see them play a lot of games together for us.

ive never been a fan of barry as i prefer 1 dm whose high energy...barry isnt and also not box to box or a playmaker.

Yeah Gaz Baz was poor today imo, sloppy passing and closing down. His reading of the game was second to none though and keeps him in there just about. One positive from him is that, usually mild mannered, he was fit to chin a few of them utd lads today. Fair dues.

when he first arrived he seemed just a 'break it up' 'close them down' player. But he is so good. He is small but wins headers because he has intelligence in his timing and positioning. What was pleasing today he was making runs forward and getting shots in. He is class and it's a shame we don't have better players beside him. He earned us a draw single-handedly.

Barry was awful first half but I thought he got to grips with it 2nd half. I know what you mean though regarding him not being mobile. I've said before though, when teams sit back ( like we forced utd to do the last 15 minutes) and he sees everything in front of him he's a terrific player to have. When we are overrun by teams who press he struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back