Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we keep the same formation we have been rocking then (3-5-2) then I would think Davies gets dropped and you have Schneiderlin flanked by Barkley and Gueye. Although I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see more rotation of those mids and Davies becoming more of a super sub. He would come on for Ross if we are protecting a lead or Gueye if we need to push for a goal.

I'd go rouge myself:

..................Robles

......Holgate..Williams.. Mori

Baines...Gana...Scnheiderlin-- Coleman

..........Davies.....Barkley

................Lukaku

I'd go rouge myself:

..................Robles

......Holgate..Williams.. Mori

Baines...Gana...Scnheiderlin-- Coleman

..........Davies.....Barkley

................Lukaku

One problem though, I don't think Barkley is half as effective when he's the closest to Lukaku. Having someone else support Lukaku let's Barkley sit that little bit deeper where he can roam and dictate the play.

He's playing a few games in Africa not returning from the space shuttle. On his form over the first half of the season he should go straight into the team.

He's playing the equivalent of there euros in the middle of a season and travelling loads mate, not resting him when back for a few weeks would be idiotic, especially as our centre mids working well so not desperate to rush him.back.

One problem though, I don't think Barkley is half as effective when he's the closest to Lukaku. Having someone else support Lukaku let's Barkley sit that little bit deeper where he can roam and dictate the play.

Agree completely. It isn't a coincidence that Barkley's improved play has come with him no longer being in the 10 position.

While we all love Davies, he is young and it isn't the worst thing in the world to take a little pressure off of him. There will be more games next season to give him the starts he deserves. The good news is that the center of our midfield (not including attacking MF) seems to be set next season for either a 3-5-2 or a 4-2-3-1.

They will all get a go, as the tempo will be kept high, we will need fresh legs to keep it going, first time in a long while we have had so many decent midfielders, wonder if some will be shipped out, as we still have Besic, McCarthy as well?

He's playing the equivalent of there euros in the middle of a season and travelling loads mate, not resting him when back for a few weeks would be idiotic, especially as our centre mids working well so not desperate to rush him.back.
More to do with the traveling than playing. I think he's played fewer games than Everton since he left.

As @bluestevon rightly says, he'll have to be eased back in upon his return, or we just risk injury.

Unless we're desperate, he'll have one or two games from the bench I reckon before starting.

Fully fit, and playing the same system that we are, he probably comes in for Davies, but that's inter-changeable and depends on the game. Still gonna be a few weeks before Morgs is up to full speed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back