Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's likely to happen.

The stadium issue will loom large in Everton's first team dealings, nothing surer than that despite all the bollocks we'll get about ring fenced funds. We cant do both. Something has to give, and the sale of one or more of Lukaku, Barkley, Gueye will be allowed. They just have to get the spin in order first. But then we know this, it's the club's modus operandi.
Worth it.

Worth it.
That's a valid pov, I suppose. A good question to pose too: "If it meant a state of the art stadium at the docks in 3/4 years time, would you put up with the sale of Lukaku and Barkley?"

Hmm...
But no for me.

That's a valid pov, I suppose. A good question to pose too: "If it meant a state of the art stadium at the docks in 3/4 years time, would you put up with the sale of Lukaku and Barkley?"

Hmm...
But no for me.

Can never work out whether you are trying to be a shock jockey like Adrian Durham, a total doom and gloom merchant or so stubborn that you want Rom to go, Koeman to fail, Scheilderlin to flop, Moshiri to go bust, etc just so you are proved right.

Hmm...
But no for me.
I go the game with my old man and hopefully one day with children, a stadium will outlast me, and the transient career of any player. It's pretty vital in the growth of the club. TV money can't last forever, but bums on seats hopefully will be.

Can never work out whether you are trying to be a shock jockey like Adrian Durham, a total doom and gloom merchant or so stubborn that you want Rom to go, Koeman to fail, Scheilderlin to flop, Moshiri to go bust, etc just so you are proved right.
I want the best. I'm realsitic over the stadium issue though. I think the emphaisis will be on infrastructure not team building. The rhetoric will all be about doing both, but the reality is we cant.

I go the game with my old man and hopefully one day with children, a stadium will outlast me, and the transient career of any player. It's pretty vital in the growth of the club. TV money can't last forever, but bums on seats hopefully will be.
Are you saying you would sell them for a stadium though? You left it pretty vague.

And it's likely to happen.

The stadium issue will loom large in Everton's first team dealings, nothing surer than that despite all the bollocks we'll get about ring fenced funds. We cant do both. Something has to give, and the sale of one or more of Lukaku, Barkley, Gueye will be allowed. They just have to get the spin in order first. But then we know this, it's the club's modus operandi.

Let's wait until it happens. Pointless jumping to conclusions just yet

Is there any evidence to say we can't? Any player could leave at any point, doesn't mean it is tied to lack of investment, stadiium build etc. There are probably less than 5 teams in world football who could resist any offer for one of their players, and really only Barca and Real where players who are wanted don't agitate for a move. Look at Pogba, willing to leave the best team in Italy for what is currently the 6th best team in England.

The only way we have to hold onto players is to compete at the top of the league and in the Champions League every season, even then there are no guarentees you can hold on to players. Look at Utd, even at their peak players left to the likes of Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back