Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thing is we have had players ourselves who looked poor under certain managers and systems, Parkinson, Horne, Gravesen, Carsley off the top of my head. Nyarko came here as the next Viera and is arguably up there with Niasse and McGeady in some of our worst signings.

He may be great he could be awful, but I would hope our management team know what they are doing and will bring in the right players rather than the biggest names.

Yup, and Gueye was still second (or first) in a ton of things - in quite probably the worst team to ever BE in the Prem.
don't know if league position affects a stat like that too much

clearly it shows he's good at winning the ball, i'm not dismissing that, just the less you have the ball, the more its there to be won

Thing is we have had players ourselves who looked poor under certain managers and systems, Parkinson, Horne, Gravesen, Carsley off the top of my head. Nyarko came here as the next Viera and is arguably up there with Niasse and McGeady in some of our worst signings.

He may be great he could be awful, but I would hope our management team know what they are doing and will bring in the right players rather than the biggest names.

Away with your common sense sire, for ye belongeth not here.

Yup, and Gueye was still second (or first) in a ton of things - in quite probably the worst team to ever BE in the Prem.
If these stats were for attacking fair enough, but villa spent so much time defending are these stats not gonna be s bit skewed? I'm actually all for him at 7m regardless. We can't go too wrong for that price.

Someone in work who is a villa fan likened him to McCarthy. If that's the case is McCarthy off?

don't know if league position affects a stat like that too much

clearly it shows he's good at winning the ball, i'm not dismissing that, just the less you have the ball, the more its there to be won
Leicester also played the least possession-based football you could think of though.

If he plays to his strengths and in a better team - we've got a decent player for basically pennies. Why not?

If these stats were for attacking fair enough, but villa spent so much time defending are these stats not gonna be s bit skewed? I'm actually all for him at 7m regardless. We can't go too wrong for that price.

Someone in work who is a villa fan likened him to McCarthy. If that's the case is McCarthy off?
I compared his stats to Kante (Leicester), and they also defended first, attacked second, so...

But I'm the same as you - 7m is nothing etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back