Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well apparently West Ham are interested in this guy

image.webp

I have always had the feeling this guy is a back up deal if Witsel or Carvalho fall through. Can't see us signing 3 central midfielders when we have so many other areas we need to sort out too.

Imagine that. Waiting and being nice about Gueye becaquse he has 'offers' on the table and we could lose out on him. Like Witsel and Juve oddly enough and chelsea with koulababy.

Like i was saying yesterday, imagine if we had actually gone in there and wrapped these deals up there and then rather than 3 weeks later having other clubs come in. I'm sorry but it is terrible negotiating yet again, we must be the worst club for transfers, 4 weeks down the line then acting suprised we haven't signed someone and now other clubs are interested.

May I introduce you to Manchester City. Negotiations for Sane started in March and Schalke have had enough and given them a deadline of today (I think) to agree a price.

As I said, Gueye is attracting interest from elsewhere and has been looking at his options. With a release clause, quite cheap in this market too, that's only natural. You can't blame the club for a player considering his options.

The worrying thing for me is not the possible missing out of gueye, it's what seems to be another player knocking us back as soon as another club gets involved despite us starting negotiations first.

Oh my god, of West Ham stole us Byram, Ogbonna and now Gueye... It would be embarassment. Everton, do something.

May I introduce you to Manchester City. Negotiations for Sane started in March and Schalke have had enough and given them a deadline of today (I think) to agree a price.

As I said, Gueye is attracting interest from elsewhere and has been looking at his options. With a release clause, quite cheap in this market too, that's only natural. You can't blame the club for a player considering his options.
The comparison is a bit loose mat when you take ito account Sane is a teenager who is being massively overpriced by his club whilst Gueye is set price that we either meet or we don't negotiate.

as much as i may be in the minority, i don't think we should be giving players 4 weeks to assess their options. We should be getting in there and getting these deals sorted before other interest comes in.

For arguments sake, players assessing options could see;

Witsel - Juventus
Gueye- West ham
williams - Arsenal

Not to mention if Carvalhio has truth and a european club gets wind he is available all because he is assessing options.

TO put it mildly, if a player assesses their options they aren't coming here for anything other than money, which makes them loyal to their pay packet rather than the club. As much as most players may well be like that, is it really the best start to the regime to be signing players solely based on throwing money at them to get them to choose us weeks after we initially got in touch?

The comparison is a bit loose mat when you take ito account Sane is a teenager who is being massively overpriced by his club whilst Gueye is set price that we either meet or we don't negotiate.

as much as i may be in the minority, i don't think we should be giving players 4 weeks to assess their options. We should be getting in there and getting these deals sorted before other interest comes in.

For arguments sake, players assessing options could see;

Witsel - Juventus
Gueye- West ham
williams - Arsenal

Not to mention if Carvalhio has truth and a european club gets wind he is available all because he is assessing options.

TO put it mildly, if a player assesses their options they aren't coming here for anything other than money, which makes them loyal to their pay packet rather than the club. As much as most players may well be like that, is it really the best start to the regime to be signing players solely based on throwing money at them to get them to choose us weeks after we initially got in touch?

For a European player like Witsel or Carvalho, what have we got to offer other than PL football and a big wage packet, no European football, terrible stadium and a north-west city that isn't London. I have no confidence in us getting either :(

lad on twitter says players at finch farm confirm this lad will be done today, pictures with the players, Dunc Koeman and Jags all said it was done when asked

Hahaha love how someone always finds a positive on here. Bottom line we are buying a villa player that got relegated. No only did they get relegated, but they where one of the worst premier league teams ever. People are jumping behind a stat that shows nothing. Villa fans are actually glad to see the back of him, and i can't find one good thing from any of them. Now surely if he was that good then they would be fuming that one of there best players is going, one of there only players that tried?. Very crap signing by Everton and i'd rather keep McCarthy.

RS signed a relegated player.

Lots of villa fans see gurgle as one of their only decent players last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back