Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many other positions that need to be addressed we can't afford to dedicate another 20-30million to a position that's already overloaded.
That's even if we'll have a net spend of 100 mill which we won't. No where near. We're not getting Carvalho.
oh my mistake mate, you made it sound like you thought we couldnt afford the 30 mil, but yes, i agree with you, midfield is over populated, maybe if we move on 2 mids, we could look at big william, but right now another cm would be a silly spend!!!

Agree with this. I dont really understand all of the shouts for us to sign a backup rb.

Ok maybe the youngsters arent ready to be playing every week just yet but fingers crossed Coleman can stay fit for most of the season and the youngsters can come in and do a job for us if needed.

Rather see us target other positions that we have a more pressing need for

Maybe they arent ready to be playing 10-15 games straight mate, but another option is if we have 3-4 young lads who can all play that backup role then we don't allow them to 'brun out' if coleman is out for a period of time, and we rotate them a bit, would actually motivate them hugely not only being given a chance but competing against each other in training to get the nod as well.

Maybe they arent ready to be playing 10-15 games straight mate, but another option is if we have 3-4 young lads who can all play that backup role then we don't allow them to 'brun out' if coleman is out for a period of time, and we rotate them a bit, would actually motivate them hugely not only being given a chance but competing against each other in training to get the nod as well.

I was very impressed with Kenny in the Norwich game at the end of last season but admittedly thats all ive seen of him. I know he's highly rated tho so pretty excited about him to be honest. Scouser too isnt he?

Any news on when browning is back from his injury?

I see Holgate and Pennington more as CB's and Davies as a CM but wont do them any harm to play a few games in a different position and improve their all round game. Davies said as much himself when he was asked about playing right back recently

How about if if we sell some of the players that are having their spots taken mate, yanno klike every team does when they bring in better players?

Cleverley and McCarthy get sold and we loan one out then we arent overloaded anymore really are we - and would have anything from 20-30m from doing so
We'd have to find teams that were willing to pay that for those two then negotiate and conclude before deadline while also negotiating and concluding for Carvalho.
This is all for a position that's already covered and would take a lot of time and resources away while we're scrambling to fill other positions. It's just not realistic.

I was very impressed with Kenny in the Norwich game at the end of last season but admittedly thats all ive seen of him. I know he's highly rated tho so pretty excited about him to be honest. Scouser too isnt he?

Any news on when browning is back from his injury?

I see Holgate and Pennington more as CB's and Davies as a CM but wont do them any harm to play a few games in a different position and improve their all round game. Davies said as much himself when he was asked about playing right back recently

Watched the under 17's tournement with him in mate a few years ago and he impressed me as much as anyone, the other was roberts (then at fulham now at city), only negative was his build - he looked like a kid, but he had everything you'd want in a fullback at the very top level, could go on to be a very very good player for us, aye kenny is a kirkdale lad whose been at the club since a really young age

Hopefully Brownings back soon mate, as a pure defensive rb hes pretty decent

I like what Koeman is doing, especially in conjunction with Unsworths great job, should ensure the lads have a great chance of making it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back