If Suarez's "goal" had been allowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bottled it, pure and simple. This is no anti-Moyes agenda here - it's looking at what happened at key points in the game that Moyes can effect; namely, the beginning of each half.

The first 20 minutes we didn't show up, and it took Suarez diving as a celebration to fire us up and stop being petrified of the occasion as per usual. You could see Osman, Mirallas & Neville in particular get very feisty.

We then played well until the interval, then we came back out after Moyes got them into the dressing room - and they were petrified again. They nearly scored twice in 10 minutes until we calmed down and played a bit of football.

Moyes very clearly puts the frighteners up the players ahead of a big occasion. It's pretty obvious to be honest.

I will say he didn't tactically bottle it, and I have no problem with the Gueye substitution.

Can't agree with this. It was the players without a doubt. Jelavic in particular let us down but individual errors were made in the build up to both of their goals and Moyes isn't responsible for that.

Second half wasn't Moyes's fault either. He should have brought Oviedo on but Liverpool basically put everyone behind the ball and we still created chances and dominated despite missing 3/5 first choice midfielders, Fellaini not fully fit and Jelavic having probably his poorest game for us.

To blame Moyes would be ridiculous imo.

All these early goals are a worry, what I was annoyed about was at half time we had them on the ropes and when we came back out it was all slow again and we let them back into it, that's the managers half time team talk nobody else does it.

I actually thought ossie and nev had better a game than the last few weeks even if he did dive like a [Poor language removed].

I thought Gueye did ok but seems i'm in a minority but mirallas he is not.

Did we bottle it, I think we did, we were like little boys for the first 20minutes but at least they fought back, in years gone by that would have ended up a pasting.

Couldn't it be to do with a change in tactics from the opposition and us having a weaker team 2nd half?

Can't agree with this. It was the players without a doubt. Jelavic in particular let us down but individual errors were made in the build up to both of their goals and Moyes isn't responsible for that.

Second half wasn't Moyes's fault either. He should have brought Oviedo on but Liverpool basically put everyone behind the ball and we still created chances and dominated despite missing 3/5 first choice midfielders, Fellaini not fully fit and Jelavic having probably his poorest game for us.

To blame Moyes would be ridiculous imo.

Really?

It might be worth watching the game back mate! 45-60 minutes we were caught constantly over the top - Sterling had an easy layoff for Suarez and they would have scored but he tried an elaborate chip, and Jags could have been sent off for pulling down Sterling; although the yellow was the right call.

Our midfield disintegrated and they had clear goalscoring chances. We dominated 60-90 but I've already said that was the case.

First half, we conceded two in 20 minutes and started very, very flat with no impetus.

What makes me laugh is that when we play well, Moyes is a genius, but when we play bad, "it's the players fault" :lol: Doesn't work like that! If we go 2-0 down in 20 minutes, the manager shares the blame. If we go 2-0 up in 20 minutes, the manager shares the credit - simples.

Moyes sends sides out in the big games not to lose, rather than to win, and that puts the jitters up players. They overthink it.

Couldn't it be to do with a change in tactics from the opposition and us having a weaker team 2nd half?

not really because it happens quite a lot, we have sh!t hot 1st half then look a different side in the 2nd half. It's a trait of ours I wish we would get rid of, one half wonders.

He bottled it, pure and simple. This is no anti-Moyes agenda here - it's looking at what happened at key points in the game that Moyes can effect; namely, the beginning of each half.

The first 20 minutes we didn't show up, and it took Suarez diving as a celebration to fire us up and stop being petrified of the occasion as per usual. You could see Osman, Mirallas & Neville in particular get very feisty.

We then played well until the interval, then we came back out after Moyes got them into the dressing room - and they were petrified again. They nearly scored twice in 10 minutes until we calmed down and played a bit of football.

Moyes very clearly puts the frighteners up the players ahead of a big occasion. It's pretty obvious to be honest.

I will say he didn't tactically bottle it, and I have no problem with the Gueye substitution.

It is this and only this.

We choke too often against Liverpool to be coincidence the biggest part of a managers job is motivation you only have to watch Moyes painful interviews to know he'll never be Mr Inspiration. Quite the opposite, his fretful musings do the complete opposite unless he's a good actor I imagine he's as bad in the dressing room.

There has to be a root cause and I'd be interested in other plausible theories.

Really?

It might be worth watching the game back mate! 45-60 minutes we were caught constantly over the top - Sterling had an easy layoff for Suarez and they would have scored but he tried an elaborate chip, and Jags could have been sent off for pulling down Sterling; although the yellow was the right call.

Our midfield disintegrated and they had clear goalscoring chances. We dominated 60-90 but I've already said that was the case.

First half, we conceded two in 20 minutes and started very, very flat with no impetus.

What makes me laugh is that when we play well, Moyes is a genius, but when we play bad, "it's the players fault" :lol: Doesn't work like that! If we go 2-0 down in 20 minutes, the manager shares the blame. If we go 2-0 up in 20 minutes, the manager shares the credit - simples.

Moyes sends sides out in the big games not to lose, rather than to win, and that puts the jitters up players. They overthink it.

The first goal doesn't happen if Jelavic doesn't give it away when trying to make a five yard pass when we're on the break, or if Coleman doesn't dive in and get the wrong side his man. Do you really think Moyes encourages him to defend like that?

Their second goal doesn't happen if someone is marking Saurez. Do you think he told them not to bother picking him up?

Moyes can't share blame for every goal we concede, if Howard screws up and accidentally throws the ball in his own net then it's not his managers fault. All the manager can do is set his best 11 up in the best way he can. I think he did that.

We choke too often against Liverpool to be coincidence the biggest part of a managers job is motivation you only have to watch Moyes painful interviews to know he'll never be Mr Inspiration. Quite the opposite, his fretful musings do the complete opposite unless he's a good actor I imagine he's as bad in the dressing room.

Football is a lot more complex than that.

He never, ever considers us to be the favourites going in to a match, and he frequently harps on about how we used to be involved in relegation battles... 10 years ago!

TBH the centre of our defence is soft centred - Duffy has to be introduced - he did fine in five games last season should never have been dropped - DM needs to look how HC fetched young defenders on like John Hurst Roger Kenyon etc if they played well they stayed in the team even Labby/Jimmy Gabriel were dropped - I feel if Darron Gibson returns soon, PN will take Colemans place if that happens an absolute injustice!

He never, ever considers us to be the favourites going in to a match, and he frequently harps on about how we used to be involved in relegation battles... 10 years ago!

True , how would he handle the pressure at a club were there is expectancy, and from the people above him to. , Disappoints me when he reverts back to that how (they) everton was before he came patter , confirms to me what i was saying the other day about when he starts feeling any sort of pressure , he in interviews goes back to that type of stuff to get everyone back in check again and himself back into his comfortZone control thing

Needed Oviedo on at half time, Mirallas was being direct and it was effective, so Oviedo would've been the right choice. We created naff all the second half down the left.

Not arsed. It didn't stand, it wasn't a goal. We've been done over by so many bad decisions by your logic every Liverpool manager ever has bottled it for the Derby.

We bottled it only for the first 20 minutes.

It was pathetic...we shat ourselves against that poor poor team and by time we realised we are capable of beating this shower we were 2 goals down.

Status
Not open for further replies.