If we lose to Bournemouth on Saturday should Lampard be sacked?

Should Lampard be sacked if we fail to win our final league game before the World Cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant criticise Benitez for doing something and not criticise Lampard when he makes even more changes

There is no excuse for what happened tonight. An appalling team selection and an appalling performance on the pitch.
So you want him sacked because we rotated our already thin squad (mostly due to injuries) and are no longer in English football's 4th most prestigious competition?

He needs to be given time.

If he fails to win any of the next 5 games in the league I would probably sack him as at the half way point, we'd be in big trouble. But the reality is that 38 points almost certainly guarantees safety these days and we only need 1 win and a draw or 2 to put us around 50% of that total after 50% of the games played. If we strengthen in January I could then see us making a better go of it in the 2nd half of the season and even 45 points would be an improvement on last season.

I appreciate the above is ridiculous in terms of how little my expectations are but i'm just sick of seeing us replace managers and I think Lampard has the potential to improve us. My reasoning is him identifying Tarkowski and Coady for the spine of the defence, improving Iwobi in CM and strengthening the midfield with Gana and Onana. I know Gana and Onana haven't been amazing yet but I think Onana in particular will improve in the coming years and Gana will always be a valuable player to have for his energy in the midfield.

If he can put us back near the top 10 going in to the new stadium era and then we can either see whether he's right to take us forward then or replace him.

So you want him sacked because we rotated our already thin squad (mostly due to injuries) and are no longer in English football's 4th most prestigious competition?
I want any Everton manager who makes 11 changes and disrespects a cup competition and our fans, to be held to account.

He decided to prooritise another game, so if we dont get a result on Saturday then he should go 100%.

There is a big difference making some changes home to Dagenham or Tamworth and making 11 changes away at top flight opposition.

Its an absolute embarrassment what has happened tonight. The club is absolutely lost

How are we ever going to win if the manager doesn't even put out a team capable of winning. What's the point of this club?

To be fair to Frank, Gary O'Neil also done 9 changes.

Some of them players that started tonight for us will be playing on the weekend.

Gary O'Neil just done a better job tonight.

Martinez available sometime in December in all likelihood. Would not be surprised at all.
If Kenwright can't get Moyes, he'll push hard for him if Lampard is to go.
Nothing surprises me with this club.

I cant criticise Benitez for doing something and not criticise Lampard when he makes even more changes

There is no excuse for what happened tonight. An appalling team selection and an appalling performance on the pitch.
Wow Tim,
I remember you being his biggest advocate before he signed.
I was wary of hiring him then and I’m wary of keeping him now
but I can see what he’s trying to do and I think he deserves another window to get a play maker, and some decent forwards.

To be fair to Frank, Gary O'Neil also done 9 changes.

Some of them players that started tonight for us will be playing on the weekend.

Gary O'Neil just done a better job tonight.
We all know how bad our squad players are. By selecting that team, the manager gave us virtually no chance of winning. Outside of our first 11, our squad is appalling, both in terms of quality and attitude.

I said pre game that side had little chance of winning.

Wow Tim,
I remember you being his biggest advocate before he signed.
I was wary of hiring him then and I’m wary of keeping him now
but I can see what he’s trying to do and I think he deserves another window to get a play maker, and some decent forwards.
This is my red line for Everton managers.

We are desperate for success and to see a manager make 11 changes, just makes me extremely frustrated. If a manager thinks its ok to make 11 changes and give up our chances of winning, then I have lots of doubts if they are suitable to be Everton manager.

We all know how bad our squad players are. By selecting that team, the manager gave us virtually no chance of winning. Outside of our first 11, our squad is appalling, both in terms of quality and attitude.

We ain't winning the Cup, mate

And you heard Frank in his post match presser - this was about man management and calling his players out. He was like, OK veteran players, you haven't been getting on the pitch in matches and have been telling me about it, here's a chance to show what you can do

And they fell on their faces.

And in Holgate's case, quite literally

We had a few players tonight playing that we signed that cost more than there starting 11 tonight.

We will have four of that 11 starting on Saturday

Fed up of binning managers in all honesty but if we put in a performance like today again at the weekend then you can't really argue if he did get sacked.

Defensively we're still a mess and have covered over it with Coady and Tarkowski but even then we still don't look that assured as numerous teams have created so many chances against us this season so far.

Offensively it's about as bad as it's ever been.

Gives a good conference and knows how to get the fans onside by pretending to be one of us when in reality its all a farce in my opinion.

Lays a safety net every presser and down talks our team, sad thing is some of these fans are swallowing it and would happily follow him into the championship because he said "us" a few weeks ago. Bad bad mings who are easily pleased.

He is clearly very limited, and we forfeit the possession every game to absolute dossers, with the only pass being forwards yet we can't seem to pass forwards?

Bullet him if we lose the next game and thank god the world cup has arrived so we can regroup with a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back