If we lose to Bournemouth on Saturday should Lampard be sacked?

Should Lampard be sacked if we fail to win our final league game before the World Cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - that's it - we have to start a Cup competition for all the teams with a massive inferiority complexes

We should invite: Belenenses of Lisbon (i.e. not Sporting or Benfica), Sunderland, Fulham, Espanyol, Partick Thistle of Glasgow, Walsall, Bristol Rovers, Notts County, Paris FC, 1860 Munich, Sparta Rotterdam, Torino and all the other teams sick of being rubbish and having it rammed down their throats by fans of their local rivals.

We could call it The Everton That Cup.

One things for sure, if he’s still here at the end of the season, he can jib off going to the barbers.

90169955-6A88-4B63-9EA6-A72430A7BDD9.webp

It won't be looking good that's for sure.

From looking promising a few months back the club will largely be back to square one as in November 2021 when everyone could see but Moshiri that Benitez had to be sacked asap.

Club will be 17th at the best so after nearly half a season no one can spin that's o.k.

Personally though there's no noise in the media and I think he's still got credit in the bank from last season so he'll get the xmas period and then the crucial home games in January. Could well be decision to evaluate things at the 20 game mark which will be mid Jan.

Look I think if we could all be rational for a minute then we could agree it’d be a huge mistake to sack Lampard. What does that say to anyone else coming in, manager or player. He’s come in, united the fans and players and generally did an ok job with what he had overall and an amazing job in keeping us up.

People will die as if we’re above him but Dyche is genuinely a very good manager, I just don’t think we need him at the minute, the problem clearly isn’t the defenders (tonight aside obviously as they’re all crap) it’s clearly the attack. We still have one of the better defensive records in the league it’s just the fact that we have no goal threat at all.

I’m not saying Lampard is doing incredibly well or anything but when the players on the pitch can’t finish, the last 3 games we’ve managed to score just once despite the fact that I can think off the top of my head at least 5 effectively can’t miss opportunities. The manager can’t walk onto the field and score himself at the end of the day and being fully genuine here, I’d legitimately take Lampard at his age to play in that midfield and offer a bigger goal threat.

The manager clearly isn’t the problem here, yes I would hope he’d do better but at the end of the day if the players finish the clear chances that the manager’s system creates and the defensive shape the manager created stays with our first choice players there then we’d be much higher up the league. That’s the fact of it.

I expect this has already been said a thousand times tonight and far more eloquently than I can say it. I didn't know whether to reply to this thread or tonights match thread.
Realistically, well no, actually, we have two trophies that we can compete for at the start of every season and they are the domestic cups and that was rubbish tonight.
I don't care how often we scoff at parades for the 'Mickey Mouse Cup' etc and it no being important and laugh (hollowly) at other clubs having a parade for them. I'd love to see us at Wembley with a chance of lifting silverware again, it's been over a generation now.
I don't actually want to see Lampard sacked as I think sadly, he's the best we can do at the moment. But we aren't exactly much better now than we were when he took over and it's not like he's been starved of funds given the financial situation we find ourselves in.
I expected better from tonight and I feel for all the fans who made the long journey down to see that 'performance'.
I really want Lampard to succeed, but I've got grave reservations about what he actually brings.
The only thing I've got graver reservations about is the trust I have in the idiots in charge to replace him with better.
I'm properly teed off like the rest of us and I don't see much on the horizon but struggling to stay around 15th at best with this manager.

Mate, they were championship buys and frees, a combined value of 17.5 million it cost.

Versus a starting 11 bought in excess of 120 million with plenty of international caps.
Frank's been getting a pass all season when up against sides that were more expensive than ours (Spurs, United, etc.). Now that the reverse is the case, more excuses are being found for him. If Everton find ways to lose, some fans find ways to absolve Lampard of any and all responsibility. He isn't up to the job and should never have been appointed. But now that he has, the club should support him and own their own decision. Because while I never rated Frank, our board is using him as a human shield. When the pressure becomes too much - and it might after another defeat against Bournemouth - they'll toss him under the next oncoming bus.

He can have no complaints if he is sacked after the weekend. The progress he speaks of is far too slow. We were humiliated by a team put together on a pittance tonight. That's an indictment of Lampard's "coaching".

People are getting a bit carried away with the 11 changes thing. I wouldn’t have made so many for sure, especially with a month long break coming up. But..

Patterson is better than Coleman and should be playing. Gordon is probably still(somehow) in our first choice XI. Maupay will be starting up front Saturday too. Gueye & Onana are both injured and needed replacing. Garner 100% needed a start.

Frank's been getting a pass all season when up against sides that were more expensive than ours (Spurs, United, etc.). Now that the reverse is the case, more excuses are being found for him. If Everton find ways to lose, some fans find ways to absolve Lampard of any and all responsibility. He isn't up to the job and should never have been appointed. But now that he has, the club should support him and own their own decision. Because while I never rated Frank, our board is using him as a human shield. When the pressure becomes too much - and it might after another defeat against Bournemouth - they'll toss him under the next oncoming bus.

He can have no complaints if he is sacked after the weekend. The progress he speaks of is far too slow. We were humiliated by a team put together on a pittance tonight. That's an indictment of Lampard's "coaching".
I'd say fixing the mistake when you realize it is one is a good idea. The best way to do better for the board is just to do better.

People are getting a bit carried away with the 11 changes thing. I wouldn’t have made so many for sure, especially with a month long break coming up. But..

Patterson is better than Coleman and should be playing. Gordon is probably still(somehow) in our first choice XI. Maupay will be starting up front Saturday too. Gueye & Onana are both injured and needed replacing. Garner 100% needed a start.
Yeah that's the problem, he had some changes he had to make, make them and leave it at that, the others though were a joke.
If we won that would of been great, now he has added extra pressure onto Saturday, which we didn't need.

I'd say fixing the mistake when you realize it is one is a good idea. The best way to do better for the board is just to do better.
The problem is the "mistake" is the board. I'd have no confidence whatsoever that they'd appoint somebody worth appointing given that they've gotten it wrong four times out of five already. I have no real objection to punting Lampard, but I'm not deluded enough to think those clowns would actually improve the situation in any material way. They are the problem. In the absence of a new board, the current one is merely doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

I don’t want him to go but fear it will happen. Then finding another manager will be dragged out, before the new manager will have agreed to make do with the current squad.

We’ll get the “New Everton Manager wants to give the current players a chance / believes the current squad is good enough” line.

? I can really see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back